2nd Line Support Analyst – Linux, PL-SQL
2nd Line Support Analyst required on a permanent basis for a globally expanding, fast paced and dynamic organization at HQ based in Swindon. As a 2nd Line Support Analyst, you will be a key part of a team that collectively deliver a world class seamless 24/7 IT Service Operation support, by effective system monitoring and providing excellent customer service and solving problems through logical thinking. As a 2nd Line Support Analyst, you can expect to receive the following remuneration:
- Basic salary of up to £25,000
- Shift Allowance of 20% (2-2-3-2-2-3 Rotating days / nights)
- Annual Bonus of 5%
- 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Medical Cover
As a 2nd Line Support Analyst, your day-to-day responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- To restore ‘normal service operation’ as quickly as possible in the event of disruption
- To improve business awareness of IT issues and to promote appropriate use of IT services and resources
- To assist other Operations functions by managing user communication and escalating incidents and requests using defined procedures.
- Meeting Incident SLA levels
- Minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented.
- Ownership of escalated Incident through to resolution
- Technical Escalation as appropriate
- Build a good rapport with clients and business functions
To apply for the 2nd Line Support Analyst vacancy, you must possess the following skills / experience:
- SQL - experience in writing and using SQL queries
- Linux/Unix – Ability to navigate file system and interrogate/edit files
- Experience in a Technical Support environment
- Basic awareness of ITIL good practices
- Proven logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent, professional communication skills written and verbal
- Comfortable with handling confidential/sensitive data
If you meet the criteria for the 2nd Line Support Analyst vacancy, please apply today for immediate consideration.
If you are interested please apply ASAP. The People Network is an employment agency and will respond to all applicants within three - five working days. If you do not hear within these timescales please feel free to get in touch.