Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Harrow, HA1 2XY
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temp / Full time
A fantastic opportunity within Harrow Council for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join us as a Senior Finance Officer.
The post exists to provide accountancy support and advice as appropriate to the section worked in including:
- Undertake budget preparation, budget monitoring and closure of accounts work;
- Provide a range of professional financial support, advice and information to budget managers and more senior members of the Finance Division;
- To complete financial and statistical returns and grant claims;
- To operate appropriate financial systems and administration for specific services areas.
- To lead and/or participate in improvement projects or matrix management projects as directed, as part of the Division's transformation and improvement agenda.
The post holder must be CCAB part qualified (or equivalent) or AAT qualified/qualified through significant experience.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Up to date relevant knowledge of accounting practices preferably in the public sector.
- Working knowledge of using of computerised financial systems, ideally SAP and Microsoft Office products.
- Demonstrable and proven knowledge and experience of managing or performing some of the key duties/accountabilities related to this post
- Experience of using of computerised financial systems, ideally SAP and Microsoft Office products.
- Good level of Microsoft excel skills, familiar with Vlookup & Pivot tables
- Advanced ability to extract relevant financial data from a General Ledger financial system
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org