Facilities Management - Area Service Manager
We are recruiting for an Area Services Manager to focus on our statutory inspections across one of our most prestigious accounts. The ideal candidate must be analytical and an excellent operator with experience of working with large scale FM contracts and have experience working with blue chip organisations with diverse portfolios. The ideal candidate for this role must have excellent communication management and operational abilities as well a technical background with an mechanical or electrical discipline, Degree or similar qualification will be sufficient. This role requires somebody with strong and extensive customer service skills. With a requirement to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the client estate, you will possess impressive interpersonal skills, gravitas and both personal and professional self-confidence. Your leadership skills will enable you to provide both clients and delivery teams with confidence in both you and the organisation you represent.
• Operational, safety and financial ownership of a portfolio of business across a wide geographic area, ensuring key performance targets are maintained and establishing and maintaining key business relationships across the client estate.
• To take overall responsibility for the quality and the day to day delivery of all maintenance services.
• Drive operational excellence and consistency across a wide geographical engineering team.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in all technical aspects.
• Minimise engineering and financial risk through the implementation of robust processes & procedures.
• Develop a high performing team that exceeds expectations on service excellence through first class management, leadership, customer focus, training and development.
• Develop and maintain effective customer relationships
Job Description and Duties
• Provide first class leadership and management to a mobile/static Maintenance team.
• Lead the operational delivery of maintenance services and act as the SME for day to day delivery of technical services.
• Ensure full statutory and operational compliance is achieved in line with contract KPI's.
• Ensure all staff is able to successfully deliver by ensuring strong leadership and the implementation of development programmes that are aligned to meet contract requirements SLA's and thus minimise commercial and financial risk.
• Manage, monitor and report on the financial performance of the Hard Services operations
and conform to target cost and budget expectations, consistently reviewing supply chain
strategies and ways of workings.
• Deliver cost effective / client focused FM services and drive operational excellence
• Prepare a national monthly report on all risks, opportunities, exceptions and reportable incidents for building operations.
• Drive the asset condition surveys and manage BAU input via engineers and Central Compliance to support the FMR and capital expenditure programme for all plant
• Provide BAU support to the Project Management teams as and when required.
• Manage all PPM and reactive Hard Services related activities in critical environments to contract KPI's and performance measures, strategically managing the commercial client's property and monitoring standards
• Responsible for defining and agreeing engineering sub-contractor service requirements, and working with the Commercial and Procurement Manager to set up appropriate service agreements. Ensure regular review meetings are conducted to drive performance and cost efficiencies.
• Adhere to the agreed financial, procurement and H&S policies and procedures.
• Oversee the delegation and control of planned and reactive maintenance tasks ensuring that all activities are routed through the CAFM system and JD Edwards Information Management Systems (IMS).
• To investigate and report on major incidents/faults. Additionally, to investigate and report on all accidents involving staff and sub-contractors and to take appropriate corrective measures.
• To plan and make appropriate arrangements for shut-down maintenance.
• To plan and control overtime working, call-out rosters, holidays and time off in lieu (TOIL)
• To plan, prepare and deliver Tool Box Safety Talks at regular intervals.
• Ensure policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, in order to maintain the integrity of operational activities, e.g. IMS, H&S, ISO14001, legislative.
• Develop excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders – Internal and
• Drive Operational excellence across the portfolio and meet / exceed expectations on KPI / SLA performance
• Excellent analytical skills to operational issues
• Good knowledge / experience of Microsoft office packages
• Experience of working in a large scale FM contracts for a blue chip organisation including diverse portfolios.
• Familiar with standard MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Able to work well as part of a highly motivated team.
• Strong and effective communication skills.
• Develop and maintain effective customer relationships
• Experience in similar role, with Technical Qualifications to ONC/HNC levels within either mechanical / electrical principles
• Experience in leading and managing business services teams, including the management of work allocation processes, performance management, staff development and career planning.
• Experience in managing and deploying mobile maintenance services
• Have an excellent understanding of health and safety with a minimum of IOSH/NEBOSH certification
For further information, please contact Adnan Sethi - 0121 450 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org