About the role:
Exciting things are happening within Thames Water and the water industry as a whole to improve end customers service l and this is the perfect opportunity to join us on our journey. Thames Water is at the forefront of the wholesale retail market and the inter wholesale market, known as the New Appointments and Variations market (NAV). We are looking for a dynamic leader to manage relationships with our retail partners and just as importantly our service performance to them within our WMS (Wholesale Market Services) business area.
WMS is required to develop, implement and facilitate the delivery of Thames Waters’ Market obligations. We enable the sale of services to all companies licensed to operate in the Water Markets, this equates to over £400m of revenue that is managed within the team. As well as managing up to approximately £200m of risk associated with market compliance.
This is a unique opportunity to play a major part in shaping and driving this process, creating revenue, drive insight and improve performance for the business. We will provide you with all the tools you need to grow within the business and embark on a successful career with Thames Water.
If you have a background in the water industry and experienced in these areas then fantastic, but if you don’t, it’s not a problem – you may have instead worked on the commercial interface in other utility market and service areas, power/ gas networks, power generation, telecoms, retailer/ supplier, market operator or from a consultancy background. If you are highly skilled in Relationship Management, Contract and Account Management, Sales and Service Performance as well as Operational Planning, then you will be ideal for this role.
With a competitive salary, car allowance and bonus up to 20% plus a whole raft of additional benefits, you will find this a highly attractive move for your career.
As part of your role you will be expected to:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Formalise, develop, implement and continually improve WMS’ strategies and plans related to on boarding of Retail and NAV customers, Communication, Operational Business Planning, Market Performance Reporting, Business Area Performance Reporting, Training, Retailer Account Management and NAV Account Management. Ensuring all of these are aligned with the strategic plans of Thames Water.
- Engage with and develop collaborative relationships with senior and operational managers across the organisation as well as externally.
- Maintain and develop the partner relationships with Thames Water’s customers and other stakeholders in the NHH (Non-household) Retail and NAV Markets, ensuring all associated contractual documentation is commercially and sensitively managed.
- Manage the performance reporting framework and develop and maintain governance processes.
- Continually develop and manage the internal Senior Management Steering and Performance Boards, which form key parts of the internal governance framework for monitoring the performance of Thames Water’s Wholesale Service to our Retailers and NAV customers.
- Conduct strategic analysis to identify and solutionise service delivery risks and opportunities, ensuring the implications of these are accounted for and communicated within Thames Water as appropriate, to key stakeholders on a regular basis via clear status reports.
- Lead and drive continuous service improvements and process enhancements to improve service delivery and customer experience.
- Driving the team to analyse performance trends explain exceptions, solutionise and communicate overall trends.
- Manage and support the development of a detailed training programme across WMS to enable competent completion of market related activities within the business area.
What’s in it for you:
- Managing contracts, driving effective business planning and delivering insight of key business performance
- Senior contract management with a serious hands-on approach to drive delivery
- Exceptional customer focus and commercial acumen
- Sales or account management in a B2B environment. Development of strong relationships within own organisation as well as with B2B customers
- Production and presentation of operational insight and solutions to senior leaders such as monthly service level reports
- Provision of Director ready communications including decision papers and presentations
- Service demand forecasting
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders across an organisation to drive change and embed commitment to service excellence and customer experience
- Leading cross-functional teams
- Experience of working in an operational environment alongside technical and operational teams
- Experience of a Market Operational environment (preferably in the Water Sector or Utilities with commercial knowledge of the NHH Retail and NAV Markets and the associated Contracts)
- A commitment to gain a deep understanding of the market arrangements Thames Water operates within
The UK water industry is rapidly evolving markets. We are responding to this challenge by becoming even more market-focused and developing and implementing innovative changes to enable customer choice.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. You will receive a car allowance and a bonus of up to 20% of annual salary.
This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around Reading, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.About us
Thames Water is the largest Wholesaler in the retailer and NAV markets with over 27 Retailers and 500k supply points and over 47 NAV service areas, this is a major growth area.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.