About the role:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager Strategic Projects this role is responsible for developing and managing compelling sourcing initiatives for complex projects that deliver the best value to Thames Water.
Accountable for establishing effective working relationships with both key stakeholders and the supply market whilst demonstrating Thames Water values and behaviours.
These projects are typically transformational in nature and value of spending in excess of £50m.
Key accountabilities include:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Within this role, you will be leading strategy development for specific complex projects and creating compelling and innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas that challenge current ways of working and deliver the best value to Thames Water.
- You will be leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following Thames Water sourcing methodology and demonstrating that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health, and safety & well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative.
- Ensuring that sourcing projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, the best value, and fulfilling customers' expectations and ensuring that audit trails, document and information systems, and all supplier information exchanges are effective, with robust confidentiality and traceability, in line with the Procurement Regulations.
- You will demonstrate leadership within the Commercial Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment, and best-practice and contribute to the delivery of your team’s targets by maintaining a fast pace in all sourcing projects and challenging others to do the same.
- Applying a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst at all times cognisant of being a representative of Thames Water as well as independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion to Stakeholder Management.
- You will have the ability to build deep and trusting relationships with key stakeholders with an ability to engage and influence at senior levels alongside working with stakeholders on the responsibilities for contract launch and prepare for handover to the Contract Management team for in-contract management.
- Development of effective relationships with the supply market which generates positive and value-driven outcomes.
- Ensuring that EU procurement regulations and rules are observed during strategic sourcing initiatives at all times and making sure PETE processes are adhered to.
- You will be creating compelling, well-structured, accurate reports. documents and presentations and effectively deliver to all levels of the business (both internally and externally) and interactively tailoring the depth of communicated information for specific audiences and situations.
- Developing effective relationships with the supply market which generate positive and value-driven outcomes is essential and along with efficiently managing to spend and information gathering process by working with the Business Analyst, suppliers and third parties (e.g. research agencies).
- Working Business Analysts to identify key insightful findings in order to prepare a comprehensive category profile and ensuring timely and accurate reporting on the sourcing projects using available reporting tools.
- Creating compelling, well-structured, accurate reports. documents and presentations and effectively deliver to all levels of the business (both internally and externally).
- You will support the development of best practices across the Commercial lifecycle; ensuring PETE is regularly reviewed and updated.
- You will shape and challenge business strategy utilising market and supplier insight.
- Champion Health, Safety and Wellbeing in the organisation.
What’s in it for you:
- You will have a Chartered Institute Purchasing and Supply MCIPS 2 qualification.
- Degree educated or equivalent experience.
- You will have a firm understanding and experience of operating the Utilities Contract Regulations 2016.
- Multiple years’ experience of strategic sourcing in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strong experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Some industry and business knowledge.
- Track record in delivering against stretching benefits targets.
- Experience in managing multi £m business transformational project
- Excellent proven commercial and contractual acumen and solid negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and customer service ethic.
- Self-starter – resilient and tenacious under pressure.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to view our full list of Rewards and BenefitsAbout us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.