Pertemps Sheffield are recruiting for a Remote Operation Shift Manager for our multi-national client.
Responsibilities of Remote Operation Shift Manager
- To safely operate and monitor remote plants on a 24 hour basis, 365 days per year in a cost effective manner.
- To start up and shut down plants in responce o customer demands.
- To problem solve with a high level of communication with customers and branch teams in accordance with emergency plans and incident reporting.
- Responsible for the safe operation and monitoring of plants.
- Develop reports under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Carry out document reviews as required by the business.
- Actively manager the aggregated electricity loads to reduce power costs (through monitoring and management of TRIADs,management and power forecasting etc.)
In order to be considered for the role of Remote Operation Shift Manager you wil have:
- Minimum qualification: HNC in electrical, instrumentation, chemical engineering or chemical process subject. (extensive experience would be considered)
- Experience of operating in an Oil, Gases, Petro-chemical or Pharmaceutical/chemical process environment which involves fractional distillation and high pressure transfer schemes and pipelines preferably.
- Experience in control room operation and using process interfaces such as HMI software/SCADA/PCS7 Siemens.
- Experience working with Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, plant schematics and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Ability to troubleshoot, fault find and investigate process issues using data trending applications.
- Plant commissioning experience is an advantage.
- Strong relationship management and team working abilities within a control room environment.
- You must have a high level of personal integrity.
This operation is 24 hours, 365 days and works a rolling shift pattern to cover this.
Our client is looking for flexible staff members, that are good at multi tasking and have good communication skills.
Shifts are either 07:00 - 19:00 or 19:00 - 07:00.
Salary is dependant on experience and qualifications
£35,000 - £40,000 +£9,000 shift allowance with rolled up holiday.