£21500 - £29000 per annum
£18000 - £22000 per annum
£18000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Medical Insurance, end of contract bonus, Flights
Enjoy a new teaching and life style experience in Shanghai, China
China is a blossoming economy and Shanghai is considered the best destination in China for teaching but still the cost of living is far less than the UK.
As a qualified teacher in Shanghai you would typically expect the following remuneration:
- £35,000 - £55,000 to include annual salary and housing allowance
- £10,000 end of contract bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Round trip annual flight allowance
- Discounted school fees for dependents
- Small class sizes and teaching assistant support
The best paying work will not just fall into you lap; however even the bottom of the Shanghai pay scale is one of the highest and at The Education Network we have the resources and partnerships to help you find the best possible position for you. Even new teachers can live a comfortable lifestyle and still travel and save. Shanghai is ranked as one of the top cities to start a teaching career with a huge demand for fully qualified experienced teachers. The pay is higher than average, hours are reasonable (usually 30/40 hours total per week) with very occasional overtime, and it's a great city to balance all the comforts of home while still enjoying a new culture. If you are serious about starting your career or continuing your career you will be rewarded in an industry showing no signs of slowing down.
We recruit for many International schools who typically run a British or American curriculum with bright students who want to learn and be challenged, making your job all the easier.
We are currently recruiting for roles to start in September/October 2017 and February 2018 and we work with some of the best international schools in Shanghai. Here is a small sample of the teacher jobs we are recruiting for:
Primary Physical education teacher
Primary Science Teacher
Secondary Biology Teacher
Secondary Humanities Teacher
Secondary Science Teachers to teach IB curriculum
In order to qualify for these teaching jobs you will need:
- To be a native English speaker
- To hold a passport issued in: UK/USA/AUSTRALIA/CANANDA/ IRELAND/ NEW ZEALAND
- To have qualified teacher status in your own country such as Qualified Teacher Status ,QTS, PGCE, Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), Postgraduate Teacher Education Course, Graduate Diploma in Teaching, Postgraduate Diploma in Education, Professional Masters in Education or equivalent
- To have a passion for teaching with two years teaching experience
The Education Network has an office in Shanghai and so we are always at hand to make sure your transition is as smooth as possible. If you want to hear directly what it is like to live in Shanghai from someone who has lived there for 4 years and to find out about current and upcoming positions, please contact esme.harvey @ednetwork.co.uk or send an up to date cv and we will be in contact to assist you.