£25000 - £40000 per annum
£26000 - £30000 per annum
£25000 - £45000 per annum
Graduate Civil Engineer
The successful candidate shall be responsible for undertaking civil engineering tasks and projects as part of a team and work under other engineers in to deliver project or administrative task as required. They will be assuming a pivotal role within a small boutique civil engineering team and have responsibility for implementing the teams QA/QC procedures, project management tools as well as helping to grow the business. This engineering consultancy work on projects in the UK and also internationally including locations such a Qatar, Dubai, Singapore, China etc.
The successful candidate should have between 0 and 1.5 years maximum experience in the London
Salary: Negotiable on experience (26-32K Guideline Only)
Qualifications: Industry relevant Bachelor’s degree/ Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or internationally equivalent qualification
· Has responsibility for civil engineering designs under supervision
· Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own work
· Responsible for meeting agreed deadlines
· Represents the group/ office/discipline/ profession at internal meetings
· Executes responsibilities as outlined in the firm’s Management System
Software Capabilities - not required but helpful
· AutoCad AutoDesk Civil 3D
· WinDes Autodesk Autotrack
· Drainage design to schemes in an Urban or Greenfield setting including sustainable urban drainage and hydraulic modelling.
· Grow familiar with Section 102 and 104 adoptions, 106 connection application and 185 diversion works.
· Liaising with Statutory bodies including The Environment Agency on hydraulic matters pertaining to the development.
Within the first 12 – 18 months ou will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas:
o Sewers for Adoption 7th edition (SFA7th)
o Planning policy statement 25 (PPS25)
o Approved Document H
· Highway infrastructure design and adoption with particular attention to levels and drainage.
· Liaising with the Council Highway agencies on highway issues pertaining to the development.
o Section 38 adoption and 278 works.
o Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB)
o Road markings and Signage
o Liaise with other Designers/Drafters activities as required
o Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment for simulation purposes and to prepare engineering design documents
· Research design options and document findings
· Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters
· Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other engineers to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic and concept of the construction.
· Undertake liaison with construction contractors to maintain the principles of the design in the works that are carried out.
For more information on this exciting opportunity to work for an International Consultancy pelase contact Michael Power on 0207 932 2800.