£25000 - £26250 per annum
£15600 - £16640 per annum
£15600 - £17680 per annum
Nursery Practitioner required for lovely nursery in Sutton area. This is a full time position working Monday to Friday 7:30am to 6pm with children aged 2-5.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children, for parents/carers;
- Work with parents/carers of special needs children to give full integration in the Setting;
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team;
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members;
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, fundraising events;
- To be flexible within working practices of the Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.;
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled;
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it;
- Look upon the Setting as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children;
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker;
Candidates must hold NVQ Level 2/3 in Childcare, and have previous experience working with children ages under 5, including planning and writing reports and observations.
Salary ranging from £15,600 - 16,640 depending on experience.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and all applicants are required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure Check (cost refunded after qualifying period)