An exciting position has become available for a Early Years Practitioner at a 60+ place private day nursery based in Wimbledon area. They are looking for a child carer who really wants to influence the vision and direction of the nursery. The role requires the individual to hit the ground running and take the nursery to great heights through quality and innovation. We need bags of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude for this exciting opportunity.
The management will support you with continuous professional development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures and undertake a shared responsibility for cleanliness and health and safety throughout the nursery.
- Be able to plan for age appropriate activities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with parents and guardians.
- Attending meetings, training (both mandatory and otherwise), appraisals and supervision as required.
What they offer
- CACHE / NNEB/ NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Significant and recent experience of working with children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage and keyworker systems, including record keeping
- Knowledge of child development
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team as well as ability to work independently using own initiative
- Knowledge of safeguarding children procedures, and health and safety issues in a nursery setting
- Staff bonding nights out.
- Internal promotions when arise.
- 28 days including bank holidays.
- Ongoing training courses/classes.
- Pension scheme
- 1 short day in the week
This is a full time position, offering a negotiable salary from £19,000 to £20,000
The successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and satisfactory referencing.