A fantastic opportunity has become available within this well-established nursery in the Wimbledon area. The role is a Room Leader's position within the babies room.
They are looking for a child carer who wants to play a key role in shaping a vision and direction for the nursery, setting out very high expectations with a clear focus on children's achievement. To have a key role in managing delegated aspects of the nursery's activities in accordance with policies and practice, under the overall direction of the leadership team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- To be responsible for the supervision and management of staff within the age group and support interviewing and appointing staff.
- Contribute to staff development by undertaking effective support, supervision and appraisal.
- To take overall responsibility for leading and implementing the curriculum planning, providing support, guidance and mentoring for new staff, to ensure that the planning fully enables all children to reach their full potential.
- Be part of, lead be responsible for the age group unit in the daily management of the nursery, ensuring children are provided with a safe, caring and stimulating environment in accordance with local authority and Ofsted requirements.
- Develop and implement strategies for involving parents and carers in all aspects of their children's care and learning to improve children's overall outcomes, as well as improving their involvement and that of the community in the life of the setting.
- Liaise effectively with parents and carers to ensure good relationships between nursery and home, including support in order to improve children's learning and behaviour.
- To have key worker responsibility for a group of children, and ensure that other staff fully implement their key worker role, ensuring that each child has access to a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum.
- Inspire, motivate and influence staff, demonstrated through role modelling and actively promoting strong reflective practice by staff that is underpinned by a range of early year's theoretical frameworks.
What they offer:
- CACHE / NNEB/ NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Significant and recent experience of working with children aged 0 to 5 years.
- Sound knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage and keyworker systems, including record keeping
- Knowledge of child development
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team as well as ability to work independently using own initiative
- Knowledge of safeguarding children procedures, and health and safety issues in a nursery setting
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a room leader role.
- Staff bonding nights out.
- Internal promotions when arise.
- 28 days including bank holidays.
- Continued/ Ongoing training courses/development.
- Pension scheme.
- 1 short day in the week.
This is a full time position, offering a negotiable salary from £21,000 to £23,000 (Dependant on relevant previous experience).
The successful applicant must be able to undertake and provide a clear enhanced DBS check and satisfactory referencing.