Duration: 6 month contract initially
Pay rate: £15.02ph (£28,891 per annum pro-rata)
Hours: 37hrs weekly, Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00
Pertemps Dundee is recruiting on behalf of our client, a well know Public Sector organisation, for an experienced Lead Intelligence Officer to take on an immediate temporary assignment.
Due to the nature of this role it is required for candidates to hold a Basic Disclosure certificate issued within the last 12 months.
The post holder will be reporting to the Intelligence Manager and will be supporting the principles of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and developing processes and procedures required for company departments to work effectively.
- Supervise, guide, support and direct the work of staff in the collection, recording, analysis and dissemination of criminal intelligence.
- Ensure intelligence is prioritised according to its urgency and staff react appropriately in terms of dissemination and collection requirements.
- Provide and co-ordinate the collation and appropriate dissemination of coherent, authoritative reports, bulletins, briefings, etc., in relation to identified threats, risks and other related issues, for the benefit of internal and, where necessary, external stakeholders.
- Produce high quality intelligence packages that are comprehensive, timely and capable of being actioned by the SFCIU investigative function and by external stakeholders or collaboratively with internal and/or external stakeholders.
- Supervise covert functions and perform the role of Covert Human Intelligence Source (CHIS) Handler, in line with the requirements of RIP(S)A 2000.
- Organise and undertake the training role in respect of covert surveillance and CHIS functions, in respect of the requirements of RIP(S)A 2000.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that consumers in Scotland are protected in line with FSS objectives and EU food and feed legistation.
- Provide expert support and guidance on all Food Crime intelligence matters for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide financial intelligence and/or open source capabilities to support operational activity as required.
- Provide clear and focussed oral and written briefings to senior officers and to the Senior Management Team where required.
- Lead a small team and have meaningful and positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Comply with FSS policy and guidance concerning issues of diversity and discrimination and provide direction and support to staff in this regard.
- Manage the day to day security, safety, maintenance and updating of all records.
- Attend key internal and external meetings, co-ordinating and collaborating where necessary with key stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach.
- Ensure that information and intelligence is stored, managed, accessed and disseminated in accordance with the appropriate data protection legislation and guidance and other relevant operating procedures.
- Undertake other duties consistent with the post as directed by supervisors.
- Perform out of hours on-call duties as required.
- Substantial current role-related experience in intelligence development activities within a law enforcement or intelligence agency environment.
- Excellent understanding and substantial role-related use of the National Intelligence Model, including delivering intelligence products and use of crime analysis tools, methodology and specialist software.
- Substantial role-related experience in a confidential law enforcement type environment, including the processing and dissemination of intelligence reports, the collation and appropriate sharing of coherent, bulletins, briefings, etc., in relation to identified threats, risks and other related issues, for the benefit of internal and, where necessary, external stakeholders.
- Substantial role-related experience in and knowledge of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act 2000 (RIPSA).
If you hold the required skills and experience please apply below or call us on 01382 221234 for an informal chat about this role.