Head of Data
Interim 6 month contract
£450 Day Rate
Our Public Sector client has an immediate requirement for an experienced Head of Data to join their team on an interim basis for 6 months with the possibility of extension thereafter. As the organisation is creating a new social security system for Scotland, they are looking for an experienced data practitioner and leader to join their team to deliver their new data services.
This is a leadership role. As Head of Data, you will set the direction, strategy and vision for a large service area, covering four key data teams. Each team is led by a Product Owner, working with a multi-disciplinary team, that is responsible for end-to-end service design and delivery.
Due to current government guidance, the role will be home based initially. Once restrictions are lifted the role will be based from either the Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
Applicants must hold a valid Basic Disclosure issued within the last 12 months or be willing to apply for one.
Main Duties Include:
- Be accountable for the successful delivery of a portfolio of data services that are designed around user and business needs
- Work in collaboration, building effective relationships with senior stakeholders in the Social Security Programme and Social Security Scotland to deliver our objectives
- Grow and support positive organisational data cultures
- Own and co-design the service design strategy for data
- Communicate clearly with suppliers, stakeholders, senior managers and others to explain progress and ensure your teams have the resources they need
- Ensure that data services are user-centred
- Own the resolution of issues and challenges that arise in delivery and work with policy teams, analysts, technical staff and stakeholders to address these;
- Provide product leadership, direction, support, management, coaching and development for the Product Owners in your team.
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams in a fast-paced delivery environment
- Experience of Public Sector digital delivery
- Experience designing, delivering and owning data services in complex, or large-scale digital environments
- A successful track record of building strong and effective networks and partnerships across organisations, facilitating negotiation and brokering agreements to deliver results
- Experience of agile service delivery
- Experience of defining business goals and managing priorities
- Experience of leading teams to define roles and responsibilities, ownership of objectives in an agile delivery environment
To be considered for this role, please apply online now with your up to date CV.