The Data Science team of a large financial services company and a Sunday Times Top 100 company, is excited to be recruiting exceptional data scientists into their growing and hugely successful team which is made up of talented and diverse individuals including PHD graduates and data engineers. The team is driving the implementation of machine learning across the entire organisation with a focus on the delivery and realisation of benefits.
The team helps build data pipelines and machine learning solutions across the business and operate as an internal consultancy creating end to end solutions. They are involved in all aspects of the project from data collection, to model building to model deployment.
This is an opportunity for someone with curiosity, to look beyond raw data and tell the story behind it. A chance to develop and operationalise analytics solutions, to answer key business questions and improve business processes by leveraging machine learning. The possibilities are huge. We are looking for experienced data scientists who are able to lead the end to end process of machine learning model building and deployment.
Skills / Experience required:
• Solid knowledge of machine learning techniques including linear models, tree based methods
• Experience in machine learning model deployment in a business setting
• Knowledge of deep learning and/or neural networks is a plus
• Good command of Python or R and use pertinent libraries for data analysis and machine learning.
• Knowledge of Linux or distributed computing is a plus
• Solid knowledge of Git for code version control
• Relational databases and data manipulation skills in SQL and exposure to large scale "Big Data" environments such as Microsoft Azure
• Proven experience of leading technical projects around large datasets
• Ideally you will have a PhD or a masters plus experience in a highly numerate degree / career
• Ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• We are looking for someone that has the tech capability to build and deploy machine learning models – ideally with experience / understanding of neural networks and/or deep learning.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity to work for a Financial Services company that is widely recognised as having one of the best working environments, most generous benefits package (to include a21% pension, 30% bonus scheme and 30 days holiday, as well as commitment to personal growth and development through training. The Data Science division is a key area for investment and are regularly putting on forums, training academies, hackathons etc in order to raise awareness and develop better understanding. The role is based in Croydon (15 minutes from London Bridge or Victoria) but can also offer working in central London and 1 or 2 days per week from home. Salary is negotiable. They are looking for the best people and WILL PAY the salaries needed to secure them (within reason and current structure, obviously).
Please get in touch with an update CV asap.