Social Work Deputy Manager - Assessment & Child Protection
Salary of up to £45,049 per annum plus £1.500 Market Factor Supplement, and local government benefits.
A local authority based in Swindon have a permanent role available for a Social Work deputy Manager to join their Assessment and Child Protection team in Swindon.
As an Social Work Deputy Manager you will:
- Play a key role in the safeguarding of children in need, to ensure they receive a high quality effective and protective service
- Manage a team of around 6 social workers, under the guidance and support of the Team Manager
- Be responsible for ensuring the team undertake single assessments to establish the child's needs
- Ensure all plans made are followed through by colleagues in locality based teams and/or our early help services
Families using the service have a variety of complex needs that require an approach that is both holistic and that identifies achievable goals where progress can be made. This role would be ideal for a Senior practitioner/Experienced consultant wanting to develop their career and take the first step into management.
Social Work Deputy Manager Requirements:
- You will be a qualified Social Worker and hold HCPC registration
- Extensive experience of working in child care social work and previous experience of supervising/mentoring social workers or NQSW
- SW Degree, DipSW, CQSW, CSS or recognised equivalent and registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC
- Comprehensive knowledge of the related statutory regulations and guidance, plus other child care legislation relevant to the service area
- Flexibility and adaptability to the needs of the service are the key attributes needed for this role.
In return for working as a Social Work Deputy Manager you will receive a salary of up to £45,049 per annum plus a £1.500 market factor supplement, free parking and flexible working times
If you feel you have the qualifications and experience required for this role, please upload your CV directly to email@example.com or give us a call on 01793 614420