A local Council are seeking HGV Drivers for the Highways department following funding from the Department of Transport. HGV Highways Drivers can expect £9.83 per hour and hours of work: 07:30-16:00 Monday-Thursday and 07:30-12:30 on a Friday.
HGV Highways Drivers will be responsible for the following:
- Driving the Class C vehicle on a specific route and/or to the required destination
- Once at the destination, you will be required to assist the crew with Highways duties such as patching pot holes and resurfacing the road
- Plant machinery
- Tarmac laying
- The removal of soil/rocks
- Representing the organisation to a high standard whilst working in the public domain.
In order to complete the role of HGV Highways Driver, you will need:
- Experience of Driving a HGV 2 Vehicle along with full CPC and Class C on your Driving Licence, with a maximum of 6 points
- CSCS Card
- The ability to deal with emergency situations that can include removal of drug needles, oil spillage, chemicals and flooding
- Previous experience of working with the maintenance and construction of roads/highways
- The ability to work as part of a team but also take your own initiative when required
If you feel you have the skill set required for this post, please upload your CV directly to this advertisement or upload it to www.pertemps.co.uk