A lucrative opportunity working for a repairs and maintenance contractor owned who support the social housing sector through the provision of Responsive Repairs, Void Repairs, Planned Works and Major Projects.
We are looking to appoint an Approved Advanced Electrician to join the team covering the London area.
You will be working as part of our Planned Works Team, carrying out periodic inspection and testing on existing installations and carrying out required works to bring the installation up to current standards.
You will be expected to be able to work on your own initiative, within agreed performance targets, and possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to install service and maintain appropriate systems and appliances in commercial and domestic premises as well as carry out programmed maintenance and servicing in commercial and domestic premises.
- Ability to conduct maintenance and testing on a range of 3 phase electrical systems and provide relevant certification.
- Plan and programme such works with minimal supervision.
- Conduct relevant, testing, safety inspection reports, electrical certification, fault finding, remedial and rectification works.
- Provide accurate daily working information on operational activities, electronically or otherwise, in a consistent manner to comply with regulatory and company requirements.
- Be responsible for keeping a company vehicle in a clean condition ensuring regular maintenance checks are undertaken and any necessary records and stock are maintained.
- Ensure all works are carried in line with Company Procedures and Policies, Health and Safety, Control of Hazardous materials, in line with COSHH regulations and PPE.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is fully functional, appropriately maintained and certificated with defects reported and waste materials disposed of correctly.
Skills and Experience:
- Certificated qualifications to ‘Approved’ status and demonstrated experience in domestic and commercial electrical works to include inspection, testing and verification to existing and newly installed systems.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Ability to complete the relevant certifications, reports or other documentation accurately.
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data & drawings and instructions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems seeking any advice required.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
- Health and Safety Knowledge
- Other building trade skills in addition to main trade.
- Fire alarm installations and commissioning experience.
- City and Guilds 236 Pt 1&2 (or NVQ/EAL Level 3)
- 17th Edition of the Wiring Regulations (including knowledge of latest amendments).
- City and Guilds 2391 (or C&G 2394 & 2395)
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.