National charity is seeking an experienced Policy Officer to support their Head of Operations Performance and Policy at their London based offices.
This is temporary role to start ASAP until the end of June 2019 initially and will pay £16.46 per hour.
The Policy Officer will be responsible for the provision and development of policy and procedures within the Operations Directorate enabling teams to meet business requirements. The main duties of the Policy Officer will include:
- Research, map, analyse, produce and continuously adapt the Operations Directorate policies and procedures, service promises and standards to match business requirements and best working practices.
- Identify gaps, or areas requiring development, in the policies and procedures within the Operations Directorate. Work with stakeholders and produce comprehensive and effective policies and procedures and ensure that they are communicated to the relevant teams or areas.
- To develop and implement a process to monitor and schedule policy development, taking into account new developments, organisational priorities and identified need within the organisation and ensure timely production.
- To develop and implement an audit and review timetable for all Operations policies and procedures ensure that this is conducted comprehensively and to schedule.
- To develop and implement a system of document control for all policies and procedures. This will include version control, review cycle, visibility and archiving.
- To develop a system to store Operations Directorate policies, procedures, documentation and timetables for procedure review that is secure and easily accessible to all staff.
- To design and implement an approach that provides assurance that policies and procedures have been read by the appropriate staff
- To support the audit process to ensure that policies and procedures are being complied with.
- To respond quickly to requests for information around policies and procedures from the Operations Directorate and other directorate managers.
The ideal Policy Officer will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous experience of policy development and implementation
- Experience of working on internal policies and procedures is essential
- Previous experience of conducting research and analysis to support policy development
- Previous experience of developing strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience of communicating complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Proven experience of implementing and maintaining an effective document management system.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Effective interpersonal skills - able to engage effectively with a range of audiences
- Ability to effectively work independently or with diverse client groups as required
- Experience of working within charitable sector
ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED