Running Client Services for a specific set of Public Sector Services clients whilst managing the account management team for that portfolio of clients. Ensuring that you and your team are the ‘eyes and ears’ of our clients, making sure that you have a clear view of each client’s strategic vision at the same time as driving overall customer satisfaction.
Forming a detailed knowledge of all client contractual and commercial elements and developing a clear short term tactical and a long term strategy to deliver the highest possible sales and margin for BAU delivery of each and every account. Ensuring that detailed and signed off commercial change control documents are issued so that the contractual and commercial commitments of both client and the company are completely clear and understood at all times. Using clear Change Control procedures to document, cost and bill additional requirements using your in-depth knowledge of the client contract.
Working across the client organisation at both C level and daily management level to ensure clear communication and a good working partnership is in place.
Targeted annually to deliver a growth (farming) pipeline and expected to exceed £ target for such growth each year.
Managing your account team by setting clear objectives by client and producing ongoing account plans that are kept up to date and relevant at all times.
Working with the EVP Public Sector Services across the senior client team – planning and involving the EVP Public Sectors Services in top client quarterly and annual reviews as applicable and in identifying opportunities for the EVP Public Sector Services to take our CEO in to meet customer CEOs and key Directors (where applicable). Making sure that all Account Management forecasts for our customers are updated and correct at all times (ensuring that there are no unwelcome forecasting surprises with missing sales or missing margin ‘in month’).
- C level contact
- Supporting operations on margin delivery (through contract and commercials)
- Senior escalation for clients
- Client satisfaction Surveys (Global and UK interval surveys on ongoing basis) and action plans produced and delivered to against completed surveys – driving red and amber to green
- Employee satisfaction (eSAT)
- BEST AM adherence
- Champion of best practice in account management
- Owner of overall contract (commercial, contractual and billing control)
- Oversee all Quarterly Reviews for clients (pack and reporting produced, attendees and content ensuring innovation and clarity)
- Change control – checking all change documentation and pricing versus contract
- Financial forecasting CFR report – farming opportunities input into
- Approval of financial forecasting AMF (Account Management Forecast)
- Proposal writing and presenting where there are farming opportunities
- Internal department contact e.g. for sales and marketing teams
- Retendering work (run by a separate dedicated public sector service bid support team) to support the overall re-tender process with your customer experience and with some written documentation as requested by the bid team
- Owner of client account plans
- Innovation and continuous improvement for clients working with other departments such as CXE and IT as required
Skills, Knowledge and Leadership Behaviours
- Client satisfaction
- Farming / Growth Target Delivery
- BEST AM delivery
- Team eSAT / AM team success
- Client retention
- Financial forecasting by customer
- Previous line management of account managers
- Previous client services experience – working with external (not internal) customers
- Knowledge of the public sector and / or train operating company vertical market(s)
- A working knowledge of outsource service provision (preferably in BPO – but not essential – other relevant service industry provision is also appropriate)
- Proven ability to work at C level farming / growing client business
- Corporate working background e.g. large or medium size blue chip companies (not SME – small, medium enterprise background)
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheets and power point
- Ability to understand and communicate back to clients regarding CRM and telephony solutions e.g. Business Systems Analysts and Developers are on hand to support however the CSD must be able to ‘communicate on’ solutions and fixes
- Client Satisfaction Surveys (green scores)
- Positive feedback from company Executive Team
- Successful re-tender / client retention of your customers
- Delivery of farming targets annually
- Good financial forecasting by client
- Clear contractual commitments managed through a fully auditable change control process for every client
- Low customer aged debt and credit notes issued for your portfolio (showing a good level of customer contractual and financial communication and written documentation)
- Low attrition in account team
- Successful account team – client satisfaction scoring for AM
If you feel you have the required prerequisites please do get in touch with Joe Wrenn at Cactus Search.