A Senior IT Engineer is now required to join a leading global supplier of automotive solutions.
My clients product line includes highly engineered acoustical solutions which operates in 10 countries and has nearly 7,000 employees worldwide and you will be working in a global team with key responsibilities in client infrastructure.
The successful Senior IT Engineer needs a solid understanding of client/server, networking, cloud, and security technology fundamentals. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required, as are exceptional communication and technical writing skills.
Senior IT Engineer Primary Skills;
• Experience in the design, implementation, management, and support of Microsoft Windows domains using Active Directory in a multi domain infrastructure.
• Experience in the configuration, management, and support of an Office 365 environment including Exchange, SharePoint and Skype.
• Experience of client imaging, software packaging and deployment technologies.
• Ability to development policies and procedures to a level that would pass audit and industry recognized certifications.
• Experience in management and support of database servers.
• Experience in the design, implementation, management, and support of virtualization technologies.
• Experience of License management.
• Experience in management and support of client based enterprise security products including Antivirus, firewall, HIPS, DLP and encryption.
• Ability to edit and write scripts using VBScript and Powershell.
• Understanding of Data protection laws and legal ramifications of IT decisions within a global organization.
Scope of Job for the Senior IT Engineer:
• Work as part of the Global IT Infrastructure team to provide operational support to the existing IT infrastructure.
• Maintain change control process.
• Develop, prepare, implement and monitor IT Infrastructure projects.
• Maintain a high level of technical knowledge within your skill set; meet the level of an "expert" within the business.
• Facilitate improved understanding of IT methods throughout the business.
• Consult on technical processes within your skill set across the business.
• Communicate tasks and projects regularly within users groups and Global Infrastructure Team.
• Provide an interface with customers and suppliers at all levels to develop technical relationships.
• Prepare and monitor policies, procedures and budgets.
• Develop infrastructure monitoring and trend analysis techniques.
• Research complex technical problems and identify, implement and communicate technical fixes.
• Be involved in preparation of weekly report for review by Senior Global IT Management.
• The role will require travel to other IAC Group locations globally
• Implementation and support duties will require work outside of normal office hours.
Senior IT Engineer preferred education & experiences;
• Qualifications – Candidates should hold current Microsoft certifications, MCSA/MCSE.
• Experience IT working within a global organisation, coupled with the ability to work within a team and as an individual is required. Automotive manufacturing experience is preferred.
• The role will also involve interaction with vendors so an awareness of commercial relationships and negotiation is desirable.
• Experience & knowledge with SCCM, Altiris or LANDesk to gather inventory details, deploy images, and push security patches to all PCs.
• Firm understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies in a client/server environment and experience with Windows Server.
• Although a mostly technical role, the ability to interact with others at all levels of the business makes good interpersonal skills essential for this role.