An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Graduate Infrastructure Engineer to join a developing multi-disciplinary team in central Cardiff.
The company is a market leader and an exceptional employer, as recognised in national awards. They believe in looking after their people and their values help create a unique, dynamic, working environment.
This relatively new office opened in 2015 and has grown to into a team of over 30, including Infrastructure, Transportation, Structures, Building Performance Engineering and Geotechnical and Geo-environmental staff. Their modern open plan office is a stone’s throw from Cardiff Castle and The Principality Stadium.
You will be responsible for providing technical support to more experienced colleagues to design civil infrastructure projects. Working as part of an experienced team, you will be introduced and trained in the following:
- Scheme development
- Preliminary and detailed designs
- Project coordination, design and site meetings
- Site inspections and progress reporting
The work will be varied and key attributes are good communication and effective liaison as you will deal with a range of external bodies, including regulatory/statutory authorities.The Candidate
- Experience working within a consultancy environment
- BEng or similar technical qualification/experience and/or an HNC/HND
- Some technical design skill in AutoCAD, WinDES and PDS (or similar design software)
- Self-motivated team player with exceptional people skills
- Ability to work under own initiative while fully co-ordinating with line manager’s requirements.
- Relevant work experience is highly advantageous
- Graduate Member of the ICE
- Full driving licence
This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and excellent flexible benefits.
A career with this company offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.