£24,000 - £27,000
A South West Construction company based in Plymouth are in need of an Accounts Assistant to join their expanding team. The role will include daily accounting functions including reconciling accounts, daily financial data & assisting with month end.
Reporting into the Finance Manager duties will include:
- Assisting with a new system and putting new procedures in place
- Receive and input purchase invoices, purchase order matching, ensure invoice authorisation,
- Generate contractor applications and check CIS data
- Reconciliation to statements, review creditors
- liaising with third party suppliers.
- Calculate VAT and CIS by legal entity
- Various other accounting tasks including journal entry and some payroll involvement
- Using Construction Manager & Sage system
- Administration support to the team
- Assistant the Finance Manager with daily tasks
- AAT qualified or working towards the qualification
- Extensive bookkeeping knowledge
- Confident picking up new systems
- Good IT skills and managing spreadsheets
- Must have around 3 years’ experience working within a similar role.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company in Plymouth.