A prestigious Royal College based in central London are in need of an Social Media and Digital Assets Officer to join their Strategic Communications department in the College on a temporary basis for an initial 2 months. The role will be working in the Tower Hill/Aldgate area.
Pay rate: £14-£15 per hour
Time: Full Time/Mon-Fri/35 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 2 Months
Location: Tower Hill, London
To support the Senior social media and digital assets officer to produce digital assets including video, podcasts and social media graphics for the Choose psychiatry campaign and other digital engagement. To support the management of the College’s social media channels.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- To create digital assets such as video and audio, and to help plan and implement multi-channel social media content to support College campaigns including our current campaigns
- To work with the Senior social media and digital assets officer and others to deliver paid for social media campaigns
- To plan, record and edit podcasts and videos to support the College’s digital communications generally.
- To support the management of the College’s photo library.
- To produce banners to bring our social media content to life, in accordance with our Digital branding guidelines and banner templates.
- To support the running of the College’s Social media group and education of colleagues across the College generally. This includes helping the Senior social media and digital assets officer to plan and run SMG meetings, and suggesting and implementing ways to embed learning across the College.
- To support the Senior social media and digital assets officer to run the College’s main twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram accounts, helping to make sure these channels are up to date, coherent and maintain a high level of engagement and audience growth
- To support the Senior social media and digital assets officer to manage the College’s sub accounts, including managing the set-up of new accounts, keeping a record of which accounts we have, monitoring these accounts, and making sure the content complies with the College’s good practice standards
Desireable Skills and Requiremnts:
- Experience of producing videos, from the planning stages through to delivery, including production of short versions of videos which can be used on social media channels.
- Experience of producing podcasts, from the planning stages through to publishing and disseminating.
- Experience of working with images and graphics packages to produce visuals including infographics which can be used to support social media campaigns.
- Experience of delivering paid social media campaigns including google ad words and paid for Twitter and Facebook.
- Experience of providing training and/or communicating good practice to colleagues on social media good practice, to enable them to contribute to the social media communications in your organisation.
- Experience of managing or supporting the management of social media channels for an organisation, including posting and responding.
- Experience delivering digital communications in an organisation in the mental health sector
- Experience commissioning, editing and publishing blogs to support campaigns
- Prince 2 project management qualifications, or a similar well-recognised qualification for programme or project management
The ideal candidate would be available to start immediately, be able coordinate from the start and is competent to work with minimal supervision. This is fantastic role looking with the successful candidates starting as soon as possible. Please submit your CV for consideration!