Building Surveyor – Cardiff – Up to £45k + excellent benefits package
Would you like to work for a Top 15 multidisciplinary architectural design led practice? If the answer is yes, then there is a fantastic opportunity to join a large team in Cardiff. The Building Surveying team has historically been based in the practice’s Bristol head office, so this is a new and exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help build a new team in Cardiff.
Building Surveying is a friendly and focused team covering a wide variety of commissions from its own client base and other parts of the business. This role is based within an impressive, modern office building (zero carbon) designed by the company’s own staff!
The team covers project and conservation work up to £200k - £20m, as well as all professional work including building surveys, defects investigation, dilapidations, party wall advice and expert witness services.
If you are an experienced Building Surveyor with a proven track record and an ability to demonstrate the following, we would like to hear from you.
- Good knowledge of building construction
- Able to deliver a wide variety of projects from inception to completion including feasibility studies, design, specification, contract administration and cost control
- Rigorous in evaluation of building condition
- Accurate identification and investigation of defects and able to produce cost conscious solutions for a variety of building defects
- Knowledge of building and preventative maintenance requirements
- Strong time management skills enabling management of own workload within allocated timescales with timely preparation of reports, specifications, schedules of work and drawings
- Clear and concise report writing
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, word, excel and project
- Knowledge or an interest in conservation
- Working knowledge of The Party Wall Etc. Act 1996
- Varied and interesting workload
- Unique and prestigious array of local projects
- Excellent work life balance
- Friendly and collaborative working environment
- Desirable modern office location
- Generous salary and package
- Fantastic prospects with genuine scope for career progression and professional development