4 Month contract with likely extension
Reporting to the Community Centre Manager
£15.74 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen in a brand new community arts centre based in Fulham, London. The centre is set to open in June 2021 and currently requires an experienced cafe/restaurant /coffee shop manager to start up and run the in-house cafe.
You will have complete operational and financial responsibility for managing every aspect of the business, including recruitment, training, costs & budgets, stock, service and brand standards.
This urgent position would suit someone with drive, energy, strong leadership skills and real passion for customer service this is a fantastic role for the right individual.
ROLE - CAFE MANAGER/CHEF
As the Community Cafe Manager/Chef, you will:
What is needed for this role
- Manage all day to day operations
- Preparing weekly work schedules for staff and finding suitable replacements in cases of staff absence.
- Control labour, the P & L and all costs & budgets
- Recruit, train and develop people and your team Work with and train volunteers
- Work in a hands-on capacity leading from the front
- Developing menus
- Preparing and cooking food
- Order and control stock build relationships with local suppliersTaking inventory of café supplies and ordering new stock as needed.
- Maintain brand standards, compliance and company systems & procedures
- Deliver exceptional customer serviceIdentifying strategies to retain and attract customers.
- Be a key holder for the whole building, covering as the duty manager on a shift basis
- Experience in a management role in restaurants, cafes, or commercial customer facing catering operations - branded or independent
- Strong financial & commercial acumen
- Excellent people, communication, leadership and management skills
- A hands-on lead from the front approach and a keen eye for detail Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations
- Sales and business building skills
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- Ambition, passion and drive to succeed and further develop your career
- IT literate - working with systems & processes