Sheridan Maine is working with well-known public sector organisation based in Stourbridge who are known for inspiring futures who offer a great working environment for staff.
Our client is looking for a Systems Accountant to Assist the Finance Manager in Business Partnering & Projects in monitoring of income and implementing & maintaining finance systems. Our client is looking for someone who can commit to and work in accordance with the values and goals of the company including health and safety, equality and inclusion. The business would also like support with business planning and development.
- Assist with monitoring all income streams
- Developing a clear understanding of funding methodologies being able to manipulate and integrate information from the business intelligence dashboards
- Support the business development team with costings for new and existing business and monitor actual results against forecast
- assist in implementing and maintaining the Hourly Paid Software and Finance System including data cleansing, process mapping and training
- Assist with supporting budget holders in their understanding of their current and forecast financial position, providing them with monthly reports and analysis, challenging them on their assumptions and ensuring a robust reporting environment is maintained.
- Feed the information received from budget holders into the monthly reporting and annual planning processes as appropriate.
- Provide support for ad hoc reports and investigations as requested by the Finance Director, Chief Operating Officer and other members of the Executive
- Monthly monitoring of the apprenticeship levy account reconciling payments made with apprentices in training
- Oversee the payment of all Apprentice incentive payments and carryout reconciliations between ILR returns and cash received
- Act as system administrator for the Finance System and other systems owned by Finance
- monitoring and reconciling actual income against forecast
- Calculate and process monthly management account accrual journals
- Experience using agresso or Dream is desired but not essential
- AAT, or equivalent, qualified with evidence of Continued Professional Development;
- High ethical and professional standards with the ability to engage effectively;
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills;
- Ability to work with accounting systems and be expert user on finance systems as required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a finance background;
- The ability to demonstrate a strategic perspective on the contribution to the Directorate’s business plans and the ability to contribute both creatively and operationally to the development and implementation of those plans;
- Ability to co-ordinate a diverse range of simultaneous projects to deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and presentational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to and manage a diverse range of people;
- Demonstrable commitment to the vision and values of the College.
- Ability to produce effective action/development and project plans;
Ability to lead and deliver improvement projects where multiple stakeholders are involved is a must, and it is important you have been doing this in your previous role.
Salary up to 28,000 P/A
For more information feel free to give us a call on 01214238018 for more information, quoting the role and location.