We are recruiting for a Health & Safety Business Partner on a 12 month fixed term contract for a major retail head office based in the Midlands and covering sites in the North West. You will be responsible for leading the creation and implementation of the HSE strategy, ensuring they are a leading organisation in providing a safe environment and operating safe methods. This will support their CSR strategy and plan as well as well as providing appropriate policy, process improvement and compliance.
Health & Safety Managers Key Responsibility
- Develop, drive, implement and monitor the HSE strategy and plan with engagement of all key stakeholders the relationship will be a mixture of advice, support and co working
- Provide competent advice on all Environment, Health and Safety issues
- Support implementation of the agreed recommendations from company policies, procedures and risk assessments
- Develop and revise current or new risk assessments and safe operating practices
- Lead and carry out internal audit programme
- Lead and support incident investigations
- Lead and support the continued development of the Health, Safety and Environmental strategy and agenda for the business.
- Interpret and investigate all Enforcement regulatory authority challenges and reconcile officer expectations with company policy
The successful Health & Safety Business Partner will have the following skills and experience
- Deep expertise in Health, Safety and Environmental Management particularly of a multisite business
- Minimum of NEBOSH Certificate and Suitable Environmental Qualification
- Membership of IOSH & IEMA (or working towards)
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant UK EH&S and fire legislation and codes of practice.
- Able to negotiate, empathise and influence internal and external contacts with widely different agendas.
- Experience of developing and implementing Environmental, Health and Safety policies and documents
- Knowledge of fire safety
- Qualification in training and presenting
If you think you have what it takes and have worked in a similar Health & Safety Business Partner or Health & Safety Manager role in a large estate background then please apply today for immediate consideration.