Are you looking for a new Challenge?
My client is currently looking to recruit for an experienced Occupational Health Advisor to join their team in the east midlands area.
- Give appropriate advice on the management of health and improvement of capabilities to management, individual clients or their representatives.
- Conduct programmes of health assessments and surveillance relating to potential exposure to health risks.
- Provide advice on health issues relating to the working environment and the implications of relevant legislation.
- Provide health education on relevant issues, promoting a healthy lifestyle in order to maximise participation in activities at work and elsewhere.
- Support and contribute to research and regular clinical supervision in order to assist evidence based practice within a framework of Clinical Governance
- To ensure that confidentiality is maintained and that occupational health records are accurately recorded and are securely stored
- Manage and co-ordinate rapid access to allied services where appropriate
- To ensure that equipment/supplies are maintained and properly stored
- High standards of discretion and confidentiality
- High self-motivation and initiative with the ability to manage workloads through good organisational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, strong understanding of people management issues and the ability to deal with these effectively
- Able to anticipate and meet the changing needs of customers for healthcare services by combining professionalism, objectivity and care in an atmosphere of trust, enthusiasm and business awareness.
- Contribute to the development of the multi-disciplinary team through the sharing of knowledge and through supporting and challenging peers.
- Registered General Nurse on first level of the Register
- Occupational Health Qualification
- Post registration nursing experience in which you have; worked with minimal supervision
- Lead distinct activities (people, projects, tasks)
- Made important and objective decisions about care
- Provided advice to clients
- Prepared written reports
- Influenced third parties
- Ability to use and be effective with IT with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Registration and continuous professional development should be maintained in accordance with the requirements of Post Registration and Practice (PREP) standards set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Flexibility to travel to different locations within your region
- Post registration Occupational Health: 1 year
- Case Management: 1 year
- Report Writing: 1 year
- sickness absence management: 1 year
- Telephone consultations: 1 year
- face to face consultations: 1 year
- Occupational Health Qualification - Masters/Degree/Diploma
- you will need to be a registered Nurse!
If you feel that this role is suited to you why not apply now!