I am currently recruiting for a Software Developer Based in Tamworth working for the industry's-leading fleet, leasing, rental and hire management software innovator.
You will be reporting into one of the Development Team Leaders, and will be responsible for; designing, developing, modifying and maintenance of software products. I am looking for someone to become a key member of the Development which will require you to have strong development skills, be hard working and be able to fit in well with a small team.
Skills and Experience Essential
- To propose and assess solutions to design problems, including identifying and evaluating new technologies and third-party components
- To develop software according to published standards and guidelines, including coding standards and user interface design guidelines
- To support and maintain existing software functionality; to investigate, analyse and correct identified defects within established service level agreements
- To develop software to meet requirements/specifications in accordance with the development schedule
- To investigate existing software functionality to answer support queries within established service level agreements
- To interpret written business requirements and technical specifications to complete estimates for change requests within the established service level agreements
- Take part in solution designs
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role
- Promote and advocate best practices within the development team and throughout the business
- To understand the industry requirements of current customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by our product range
- At least one year’s continual commercial experience developing Windows Forms applications in C# or VB.Net
- Good working knowledge of T-SQL, Microsoft SQL Server (2008 onwards) and relational database design
- Ability to write and optimize T-SQL queries
- Experience of Object Oriented programming practices
- Fleet/Leasing industry experience
- Experience working with financial software or from working in the financial sector
- Unit testing
- Knowledge of Entity Framework
- Degree, ideally 2:1 or higher in a scientific/engineering discipline
If you are interested in this position please apply now!