Census Coverage Survey Team Managers – Fixed Term Contracts, April – June 2022
The census is the official count of every person and household in Scotland, that usually happens every 10 years. It helps build a picture of the population, which government and other service providers rely on to make important decisions in your local area. The Census Coverage Survey (CCS) is a separate survey that takes place after the census to make sure we have counted everybody. We want to appoint Census Coverage Survey Team Managers, across Scotland, to work together to manage the survey. Each Team Manager will be responsible for a specific part of Scotland. The survey will cover around 1.5 % of Scotland’s 5.4 million population and is an invaluable part of ensuring that Scotland’s Census is a success.
As a Census Coverage Survey Team Manager you will be working both from home and remotely within your assigned area. You will primarily be managing a team of Interviewers and will be responsible for organising and coordinating CCS field operations. Your role will be key in helping to ensure that the CCS is a success and that the survey has a high response rate and delivers high quality data. This will involve working with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders. It is possible that you may be required to travel outside of your key area in order to provide additional support and capacity.
CCS Team Manager Key Responsibilities include:
- Arrange and carry out Interviewer induction
- Complete online training courses, attend virtual team coaching events held by your Area Manager and consolidate online training by leading Interviewer coaching events
- Lead, manage, coach and motivate your team of Interviewers to achieve set deadlines
- Arrange and allocate postcode workloads to Interviewers
- Assist with interviews and conduct quality assurance shadowing whilst coaching team
- Check, monitor and authorise attendance records and expense claims
- Ensure the team have adequate resources to carry out day to day duties
- Ensure confidentiality and security of CCS information at all times
- Regular reporting to the CCS Area Manager on progress and participate in the team debriefing event at the end of CCS operations
Hours, working pattern, hourly rate and travelSuccessful candidates will be contracted for 25 hours per week and work flexibly between 08:00 - 20:00 Monday to Sunday with a combination of daytime, evening, weekend and, possibly, public holiday working. Hours worked each week may vary dependent upon CCS activity.
- Experience of conducting face-to-face interviews and doing survey fieldwork
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills with an ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Experience in training and managing staff
- Ability to plan, organise and meet deadlines
- Good IT skills with experience of using common word processing and spreadsheet applications, audio and video calling and an ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic IT problems
- Able to compile management information
- Access to a secure broadband internet connection and personal device (Laptop, PC, Tablet etc)
Hourly Rate: £13.98