Experienced Structural CAD Technician needed!
We are looking for an experienced Structural CAD Technician who has worked with building structures. As a Structural CAD Technician, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Detailed drawing and detailing duties on a variety of buildings from the property sector
- Working closely with and supporting Structural Engineers
- Liaising with and providing direction to more junior members of the drawing team
- Communicating with contractors and architects
- Liaising with clients and answering queries
- Attending site meetings
- Gradually taking on more responsibility until you are leading your own projects
This person will be required to join a talented local team of roughly 25 engineers and technicians and will be working on everything from bespoke housing, conservation projects and framed buildings through to major city centre redevelopments.
They have a contemporary approach to their work and there is a real focus on work/life balance and as such there is a flexible working policy along with regular staff social events. All engineers and technicians are encouraged to develop themselves as much as possible.
My client has contemporary offices on the outskirts of Bristol with free parking and has a varied portfolio of projects. This multidisciplinary practice has a both Civil and Structural team and are rapidly expanding both. A Structural CAD Technician will ideally meet the following criteria:
- A relevant qualification in a construction related field
- Experience with industry standard software such as AutoCAD and CADS RC
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the design process
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Structural CAD Technician to join a well known structural and civil consultancy in the South West. This practice is winning more and more work and needs talented engineers to help grow their team further. This role comes with a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 + package depending on experience