We are delighted to be working with one of the most respected local engineering consultancies in the West Midlands, we are searching for Structural Technician to join a talented and highly experienced design team. With spades loads of history, this practice has gone from strength to strength and enjoys a substantial share of the local market.
This business has contemporary and well located offices in an easily accessible area South of Birmingham. They handle projects across a diverse range of sectors up to £20M in value. The business covers structural and civil engineering as well as planning and geotechnical services
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing detailed working drawings for live projects
- Managing your own workload and following the process from inception to completion
- Producing structural models using Revit
- Attending design team meetings
- Undertaking site visits when necessary
- Ensuring best practice in the drawing department
Due to an excellent attrition rate, positions in this business seldom become available so this opportunity is well worth considering. It is worth noting that this position has come available are due to a sustained increase in workload and part of a larger expansion plan.
Essential requirements for this role include:
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Excellent knowledge of the construction and design process
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in a structural engineering consultancy
A key point which makes this role so attractive is that Revit experience is not essential as training will be provided. What is essential is a solid experience working as a structural technician