Sheridan Maine is looking for a Payroll Advisor to join a fast-growing business services organisation based in the south Birmingham area with an element of management within the role. This is a high volume payroll position with a lot of process improvement opportunities.
About our client
Our client has shown alarming growth over the past few years and is looking for a Payroll Advisor to look after the end-to-end payroll and help out a small team. This company has a great working environment and can offer the Payroll Advisor a great opportunity to take on more responsibility at a comfortable rate in the future.
About the role
The role gives a wide range of responsibility and is an exciting chance to develop your knowledge of payroll and gain some traction in the management of payroll. The role provides an opportunity to innovate within the department and build up a team.
The duties include:
- To be responsible for multiple monthly payroll
- Handling new starters and leavers
- The calculation of sick pay, holiday pay, maternity pay and other forms of statutory payroll
- Complete year-end payroll
- Handle queries related to payroll
- Seek continuous improvement of payroll and department processes
- Report payroll information to financial accountants
The ideal person will have experience in a busy payroll environment handling multiple payrolls.
What’s on offer?
- Able to work in a team
- Able to keep confidentiality with employees payroll
- Sage Payroll 50 (Preferred)
- Good understanding of pensions schemes
- Excellent communication skills
A competitive salary of £25,000-£30,000
As well as a competitive salary this Payroll Advisor opportunity is perfect for someone who has been running a full end payroll process and wants to get into the supervision of payroll clerks. As a fast growing business the room for progression and expansion is huge. The potential for team growth can match your development pace.