Qualified Social Worker
Location: South East
Pay rate: £36648 - £42403 per annum
We are looking for experienced and passionate Social Workers to join a dedicated Family Support & Protection Team
As part of this Local Authorities Family Support & Protection
Service, you will have a passion for making a difference to our children. This role has been created through significate investment in order to add capacity and build resilience and stability. As a Social Worker within this local authority you will have a manageable workload, excellent support and time to spend with t the children and young people.
You will ensure that the practice your team delivers is consistent and under your expert guidance and supervision that complex cases and decisions are managed effectively within your area. You will be a skilled communicator with the ability to build and foster effective working relationships with not only your team, but our partners and colleagues across the county as required to ensure there is successful co-productive working across the division.
Throughout all that you do you will ensure that your team uphold and champion best practise so that together we are focused on solving problems before they escalate and we meet the needs of our Children, Young People and their families, reducing the risk of harm.
Working in accordance with social care legislation and local government requirements, informed by the values and principles of social care; you will be supporting in the delivery of person centred, safe and effective social care services. Using your professional knowledge and experience you’ll make assessments and decisions about the most appropriate interventions. Applying your significant Social Work
experience and excellent communication skills you’ll establish and maintain relationships with service users and other agencies to ensure services meet identified needs.
You’ll be committed to ensure positive and sustainable results of your interventions. Using best practice, you’ll strive to provide the best outcomes for children. Most importantly however, you’ll have a passion for supporting children and their families to ensure that they thrive and flourish. Our priority is to protect the most vulnerable and to be as efficient as possible.Perfect candidate will be:
In this role you will:
- Qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England.
- Experienced in working with children and families including those from vulnerable groups.
- Creative, flexible and forward thinking in approach.
- Knowledgeable of Child Protection legislation and understanding of child protection issues.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement to provide the best outcomes for children.
- Able to use excellent mediation and negotiation skills on behalf of service users.
- Highly skilled at building meaningful relationships with children and families to engage them in assessments and plans
- Committed to providing our service users with a high-quality service
- Experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary, interagency basis
- 4 Years plus Qualified
- Use skills, knowledge, and experience to make full assessment of risks protection and social care needs.
- Manage an agreed case load.
- Use specialist communication skills to achieve optimum outcomes for service users.
- Devise individual care plans, taking account of diversity and promoting dignity and empowerment.
- Offer advice and support to unqualified staff and students to assist development.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Surrey, Crawley, Slough, Croydon, Bromley, Orpingham, Epson, Twickenham, Leatherhead, Guildford, London, Cambridge, Northampton, Southend-on-Sea, Dartford, Reading, Rochford, Colchester, Ipswich, Cambridge, Watford, Broadstairs, Dover, Foulkstone, Eastbourne, Worthing, Portsmouth, Crawley.