Qualified Social Worker -
Duty Location: Merseyside
Pay rate: £41 per hour
We are looking for experienced and passionate Qualified Social Workers to join a dedicated Duty Team
. This is an exciting opportunity to join our clients social work team in Merseyside. Our Client has positions available in their Duty team. You will be supported by an experienced team manager. Our client has a strong and positive culture in this Merseyside local authority, which we would love you to be a part of, offering regular monthly supervision and monthly group reflective supervision.
As part of this West Yorkshire dedicated dedicated Duty and Assessment Team you
will be working in a busy and supportive team who assess and work with children and families and intervene where children need support to provide more children with help at an earlier stage Duty and Assessment work directly with children and their families whilst also partnering with agencies including the police and health to ensure the best possible outcome with sustainable positive change. The service ensures a strong link with our Integrated Prevention and Earliest Help colleagues to promote local community support for children and families when social care no longer needs to be involved.
Working in accordance with social care legislation and local government requirements, informed by the values and principles of social care; you will be supporting in the delivery of person centred, safe and effective social care services. Using your professional knowledge and experience you’ll make assessments and decisions about the most appropriate interventions. Applying your significant Social Work
experience and excellent communication skills you’ll establish and maintain relationships with service users and other agencies to ensure services meet identified needs.
You’ll be committed to ensure positive and sustainable results of your interventions. Using best practice, you’ll strive to provide the best outcomes for children. Most importantly however, you’ll have a passion for supporting children and their families to ensure that they thrive and flourish. Our priority is to protect the most vulnerable and to be as efficient as possible.Perfect candidate will be:
- Qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England.
- Experienced in working with children and families including those from vulnerable groups.
- Experience working within, Court, Children in Need and Child Protection.
- Supporting child and families subject CIN and Child Protection planning, pre-proceedings and court proceedings
- Understand factors that impact children including abuse and neglect
- Undertake Child & Family Assessments demonstrating effective analysis, decision making, planning and review
- Undertake effective direct work with children and families
In this role you will:
- Creative, flexible and forward thinking in approach.
- Knowledgeable of Child Protection legislation and understanding of child protection issues.
- Constantly striving for continuous improvement to provide the best outcomes for children.
- Able to use excellent mediation and negotiation skills on behalf of service users.
- Highly skilled at building meaningful relationships with children and families to engage them in assessments and plans.
- Committed to providing our service users with a high-quality service.
- Experienced in working in a multi-disciplinary, interagency basis.
- 2 Years plus Qualified
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
- Use skills, knowledge, and experience to make full assessment of risks protection and social care needs.
- Manage an agreed case load.
- Use specialist communication skills to achieve optimum outcomes for service users.
- Devise individual care plans, taking account of diversity and promoting dignity and empowerment.
- A dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to
- An easy registration process (all done online)
- Referral schemes and incentives
- Ongoing compliance managed for you
- Prompt and reliable payroll and lots more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Bolton, Bury , Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Trafford, Macclesfield, Warrington, Wigan, Huddersfield, Oldham, Ashton under Lyne,
Middleton, Urmston, Huddersfield,
Irlam, Liverpool, Birkenhead, Widnes, Sefton, Warrington, Wirral, Huyton, Wallasey, Wigan, St Helens, Skelmersdale, Stretford, Eccles and Salford, Rochdale and Stockport.