Pertemps are currently recruiting for a Goods in Warehouse Operative to work in Didcot.
Your day to day duties will include:
Involvement in every aspect of the smooth running of the goods in department and warehouse as a whole when required. Receiving and booking in client stock in. Supporting and assisting with stock control of client product together with carrying out pick, pack and dispatch duties when required.
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to develop a career in warehousing and logistics? Could you thrive as a Warehouse Operative for a major furniture company?
Your day to duties will include:
- Work in close liaison with Customer Services, sales and externally with customers and transport organisations in order to organise and maintain the incoming delivery schedule
- Receiving stock, checking and entering on the Goods-In log and placing in designated areas in goods in.
- Booking stock in accordance with timeframe and ensuring that stock booking in is in accordance with the delivery manifest.
- Put stock away in the correct location
- Ensure that cycle counts of stock are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
The sucessful candidate for the Warehouse Operative role will meet the following criteria:
- IT skills and demonstrates and ability to learn the warehousing IT system
- Previous experience in a role requiring accuracy and attention to detail
- An awareness of the importance of health and safety in a warehousing environment
- Reliable– a good timekeeper and good attendance record
- Communication skills in order to write straightforward e-mails and give verbal instructions/information to colleagues
- Physically fit enough to work in a role where the vast majority of the day is standing and requires some lifting
- Warehouse experience (essential) and working in Goods In (desirable)
- Reach Truck Fork lift experience
The working hours are 0600am to 1400pm, Monday to Friday, with one hours unpaid lunch break.
45 hours a week, starting salary is £20k.
Please apply with your up to date CV, and your Reach Truck licence.