This Company is a dynamic and fast growing robotics design and consultancy company based in Cambridge, UK. With our multi-talented electro-mechanical engineering team, we specialise in next-generation NDT crawling robots that will operate safely and efficiently in hazardous or difficult working environments, providing cost effective inspection solutions to industries such as: Renewable Energy, Medical Electrical Equipment Applications, Aerospace, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Transport and Maritime.
Job title: Project Development Engineers
Industry: Automation And Robotics
Salary: to £35-£50k (depending on experience)
1. Undertake research and detailed design as part of the holistic system design needed to achieve technical specifications
2. The engineering tasks will comprise all hardware and system integration aspects to achieve required functionality, energy usage, structural and dynamic integrity, thermodynamic processes, fluid mechanics, functional control, deployment of sensory systems for non-destructive testing, etc
3. Determine most appropriate materials, equipment, sub-systems and specifications for manufacturing needed automation systems and/or robots
4. To organise and establish control systems to monitor operational efficiency and performance of materials and mechanical systems
5. Ensure products, operations and maintenance complies with design specifications and safety standards
1. Higher 2:1 degree in Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics, or related discipline
2. High level of proficiency in CAD environments (Solid Works)
3. Experience of full phase of the product engineering lifecycle
4. Understand automated systems, manipulator robots, mobile and climbing robots, 2D/3D computer vision
5. A good grasp of planning for robotics, machine learning and perception and sensing for robot guidance
6. An understanding of DCS, SCADA and automation communication networks and protocols
7. Product development experience including risk mitigation measures
8. Strong communicator (English), additional language skills are welcome
9. Flexible approach to travel as required
o Competitive salary based on merit and reviewed annually
o Pension Scheme
o 25 days annual holidays plus public holidays
Please apply on-line or call John C Moore for a confidential discussion on John.C.Moore@ technical-network.co.uk
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have ben established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent