We are looking for an experienced Process Improvement Engineer to join our client in Telford.
Our client is a market leader in electrical fittings and fixtures for the commercial and domestic industry.
As a Process Improvement Engineer your duties will include :
- Create and maintain SAP manufacturing data, BOMs, Routings, Workcentres for all product lines
- Review product costings and recommend manufacturing methods and batch sizes
- Critical analysis of manufacturing processes to recommend improvements to flow, cycle time, layout.
- Carry out work measurement on all manufacturing process. Record results. Maintain standard minute values in SAP. Recommend action where SMVs are high.
- Identification and implementation of kaizen opportunities.
- Ensure optimum effectiveness of all processes through use of appropriate work measurement and continuous improvement techniques - Flow and activity charting, process analysis, critical examination, ergonomic evaluation, SMED, value analysis, cellular manufacturing, material flow, lay outs.
- Provide support that ensures effective introduction of new products through costing and feasibility studies.
- Continuous improvement of SAP master data systems. Identifying ways and means of improving the product creation process. Documenting the process and training other users.
- Support and maintenance of all aspects of the 'Management System ISO9001:2000
- Evaluation of the audit system for its effectiveness and to identify area's for improvement.
- Process map key business processes as required.
- Carry out Company audits as per the annual audit plan.
- Maintain up to date factory layout drawings
As a Process Improvement Engineer you will receive £15.38 per hour working 37.5 hours per week on a day shift.
This is a temp to perm vacancy for the right candidate.
To apply for this vacancy please click Apply.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering and Technical sectors.