Pertemps are currently recruiting for 2x Lift Service Engineers for our client located in the Halesowen area.
Salary and Benefits;
• Up to £33,000 basic dependant upon experience
• Quarterly Bonus
• Additional payments for on-call and call out fees
• Health Benefits
• Cycle to work scheme
Roles and responsibilities;
To carry out call-outs, repairs and maintenance on all types and manufactures of vertical Lifts and Escalators, reporting into the service branch.
- Attend maintenance visits on all types of vertical lifts.
- Attend maintenance visits on all escalators
- Carry out minor repair work.
- Work throughout your designated area, but will also assist our Engineers in other areas covered by the branch, as and when required to do so.
- Participate in our 24 hr call out rota covering the whole of our central region.
- Carry out responsibilities in a safe and proper manner both for self and for the well-being of others.
- Ensure a high standard of quality, delivery of service, and customer care is maintained.
- Mentor and coach Engineer Mates/Trainees/Apprentices.
- Ensure the company vehicle is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure you have the essential van stock at all times.
- Adhere to all company policies and apps required for safety.
- Peoplesafe- Lone Working to be used at all times.
This list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be expected to undertake any duties within their capacity to meet the needs of the business and/or the Management function.
The jobholder will be expected to maintain close and effective personal working relationships at all levels of the organisation. The communication skills required include the ability to communicate technical complex and sensitive information.
External agencies including suppliers and customers.
Skills and Experience
• Experience on various manufactured products.
• Experience of working on various escalator manufacture products.
• Excellent mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge.
• Excellent Fault Finding skills.
• A well developed understanding of best in class customer service.
• Experience of liaison with external customers.
• Excellent communication - verbal and written.
Personal Attributes and Behaviours
• High levels of self-motivation, self-managing and tenacity to deliver tasks/project.
• Ability to establish good working relationships, at all levels, both internally and externally, as and when required.
• Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
• Be able to operate calmly and effectively.
• A positive and constructive approach to problem solving using experience gained within the industry.
• Safety conscious approach to working.
• Demonstrates methodical and precise engineering work ethic.
• A personal commitment to the values of the Stannah Group, to deliver on promises and demonstrate that we care.
Education and Qualifications
• Must be qualified to a minimum NVQ level 3.
• Proven experience in the maintenance and minor repair on a range of electrical, mechanical or electronic equipment, in the customer's environment.
• Some experience of computer or PDA use is essential, as you will be required to use a mobile comms unit to log all calls and access customer and equipment information.
You will also complete suitable training to enable you to work to our policies and procedures as well as any additional training required to meeting the client's specific construction site requirements.
Appropriate PPE will be provided and its use is mandatory and any loss or defect must be reported and replacements obtained.
You will demonstrate a commitment to your personal development.
Please click apply to submit your details or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org