Are you an experienced FLT Driver with in-date Counterbalance & Reach licences, seeking a position with a high-paying automotive supplier in the heart of Birmingham? If so, our renowned manufacturing plant is seeking confident forklift operators for their busy night shift. Easily accessible from the areas of Handsworth and Aston, this is an excellent opportunity for a long-term assignment with plenty of overtime opportunities.
This is a market leader in producing engine and mechanical components for a number of leading car manufacturers. They are seeking a minimum of 6 months experience as a FLT Driver, preferably with an equal level of experience on both Reach and C/B trucks. Length of assignment would be full-time ongoing, with potential for Fixed Term Contracts to be offered to the right individual.
Daily responsibilities of the FLT Driver will include:
- Forming a key role within the logistics department, including stock replenishment and putaway
- Operating the Reach Fork Lift at high racking (up to 10 metres)
- Handling both pallets and stillages for the purposes of material handling
- Use of the Counterbalance for the purposes of line feeding/ unloading shipments
- Willingness to help out with basic production duties if/when required
In turn, the company will offer attractive post- 12 week rates of up to £12.50 per hour, inclusive of a night shift allowance. Although the entry rate for the first 3 months is set at £8.50 per hour, there are often plenty of overtime opportunities on the night shift which are paid at a premium rate. The successful FLT Driver will also enjoy free parking and canteen facilities as part of the package.
In order to be successful in this position, all applicants must possess the following:
- Minimum of 6 months experience as a dedicated FLT Driver with dual licences, accredited by RTITB or ITSSAR
- A background working within a very fast-paced environment; ability to operate the forklift in a safe but efficient manner
- Familiar with working to strict production targets
- Flexibility to work overtime when busy periods demand extra man-power
If you feel that you hold relevant experience for our vacancy, please click below to apply.