Digital Marketing and Communications Officer
Assignment: Temporary, Initially 4 weeks
Our client a Higher Education sector is looking for a Marketing and Communications Officer in temporary basis. They are hoping to find a suitable candidate as soon as possible.
The post holder will report to the Digital Marketing and Communications Manager and will work closely with the wider Marketing and Communications team. The post holder will have dealings with a wide cross-section of staff in the organisation and across External Relations, working with academic and other Professional Services staff, and a close collaborative relationship with staff who will have varying degrees of responsibility currently in preparing and publishing web content.
- Take overall responsibility for developing, monitoring, managing and maintaining websites, acting as a primary coordinator of digital projects and developments as necessary.
- Hold overall editorial and approver responsibility for the websites, which involves high-level expertise and skills in copywriting, including editing, research, fact checking, proofreading and ensuring all content adheres to organisations web guidelines, including house style
- Write new web content and editing existing content on relevant sites via the Content Management System, ensuring that content is accurate and up-to-date at all times, in liaison with content stakeholders as appropriate. This will include moderating writing style according to knowledge of target markets, which will require an in-depth knowledge of the current key corporate messages, and a thorough knowledge of the organisation, its media profile, the city and the surrounding areas
- Providing specialist advice, guidance and training to colleagues to ensure the websites are up-to-date, informative and relevant to their multiple stakeholders. This includes guidance related to implementation of the organisations web content guidelines, in liaison with the web team, as well as training of local web editors where needed
- Ensure any changes to the portfolio of programmes are updated on the website and on external websites.
- Attending events to capture content (written and digital), edit and upload on to the relevant websites
- Generate digital content ideas (i.e. web, social media and CRM) including creating and publishing content on social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram).
- Work with Marketing colleagues to deliver online advertising campaigns including developing plans, reviewing results and creating content.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
- Good degree level education or equivalent work experience
- At least two years' experience of working in a digital marketing, web and communications environment
- Successful management and delivery of projects to time and quality criteria
- Computer literate with an expert understanding of web content including structure and navigation
- Significant experience of using web content management systems to an intermediate or advanced level
- Substantial experience in online communications and excellent written communication skills, with experience in writing and editing corporate websites for large organisations, preferably in higher education
- Confident and competent in the use of database systems and electronic communication
- Strong understanding of the wider higher education context, student recruitment trends and research landscape
- Demonstrable analytical and project management skills
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure to the highest standards at all times
- Demonstrable ability to work with a very wide range of internal colleagues and external client groups as well as part of a team
- Strong administrative and organisation skills - the ability to prioritise, exercise good time management and use organisational skills to meet deadlines
- Experience and understanding of digital marketing and communications
- Experience of working with digital media and online video is desirable but not essential
- Experience of using social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) for business purposes is desirable but not essential
- Experience of creating content for and running online advertising campaigns with a digital agency is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a busy team and on own initiative
- Flexibility to work out of hours as required (including occasional evening and weekend work) and a willingness to travel if ever necessary
Full job description available.
If interested please apply or call 01216435000 for more information or email email@example.com