Temporary Accounts Payable administrator required to work within a leading University
The post holder is required to have previous accounts payable experience to assist with the below duties
• Assist with document retrieval for audit purposes.
• Ensure all invoices, and other payment requests are checked with reference to University guidelines, are duly authorised by budget holders and entered onto financial accounting software promptly and accurately.
• Ensure all invoices are received from bona-fide suppliers, are correctly calculated (including VAT) and sufficiently detailed to meet HMRC guidelines.
• Ensure invoices are received, approved and processed for direct bank payments (i.e. direct debits, CHAPS payments and similar payments).
• Follow up disputed invoices with budget holders and suppliers and ensure disputes are resolved promptly.
• Act as a point of contact with suppliers both by telephone, email and face to face to resolve any issues around payment of invoices and be responsible for certain accounts and their conduct. This may also involve meetings to discuss issues such as account conduct and options for improvement.
• Handle and resolve queries from both suppliers and internal departments.
• Stopped accounts - use skills of persuasion to get supplier to remove stop.
• Perform ad hoc duties as required.
You will be required to work full time hours