Our client, one of the leading Universities in Birmingham are seeking a Project Manager to join them on a 12-month contract expected to end in June 2023.
As Manager for the project, the post holder will be responsible for day-to-day operational management of the project and the successful delivery of contracted outputs. The task will necessitate co-ordinating and managing the efforts of staff involved in all aspects of project delivery.Main Duties of the Project Manager include:
Within this role you will also be required to carry out the following:
- Shape and implement strategic plans and leading projects.
- Create and maintain an overall Project Management Plan for the whole project using well established project management principles and practices.
- Distribute and delegate tasks to the diverse and extended project team.
- Create and maintain Project Management Plans.
- Establish effective networking relationships
- Consistently evaluating project activities and making recommendations to the academic lead on potential changes
- Ensure that all required measurement and evaluation information is gathered by all project partners
Essential knowledge and skills include:
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting, and Dissemination of Project Activity
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Risk Management
- Management of Project Staff
- Considerable project management experience, having evidence of successful delivery of projects
- Formal Project Management qualifications such as APMP, Prince 2 or MSP
- Experience of managing large financial budgets along with experience of budget planning and forecasting
- Significant experience of setting up and managing project record systems so that they meet the needs of the team, the customer, and any audit requirements
- Ability to interpret complex guidelines, rules and regulations. Experience of working to reporting structures and producing audit trails
- Experience of running projects with significant numbers of staff and motivating staff across a wide range of disciplines to deliver to deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of an exciting new development and is offering a highly competitive salary of between £42,146 and £50,209 per year. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please click “apply now”!