Full time, permanent role (Monday - Friday 09.30 - 5.30 pm)
Working remotely at present - office based in future
Working for a vibrant, diverse and inclusive global law firm who very much focus on the wellbeing of their staff, you can expect a generous, competitive basic salary and a full, phenomenal benefits package that covers health, wellbeing and family-based rewards, as well as discounts and wealth-related benefits.
Working as part of a growing claims handling team that handles claims made against professionals on an outsourced basis. The team handles claims on behalf of leading insurers, acting under delegated authority levels for pre-litigated matters from first notification of loss to resolution. This includes running a caseload which requires you to review and investigate cover and assist insured professionals respond to claims and report to insurers where necessary.
You will be part of a team that is an an integral area of the firm. You will be working with the Head of Claims and other team members, and be responsible for a technical and efficient delivery of service, as well as collectively, building and shaping the team for the future.
The role would suit candidates with an insurance background preferably, as well as a legal education (LLB / LPC) and some experience of insurance claims is preferred. Professional negligence would be beneficial but not essential.
The key duties will include:
- Review insurance policy terms, identify, investigate and report potential issues to insurers
- Respond appropriately to complaints and claims, investigating externally where appropriate and consider at early stage the merits and value of claims
- Negotiate settlement of claims within the delegated authority. Working efficiently, commercially and equitably in line with delegated authority
- Understand the internal SLA's and KPI's of the team and ensure adherence to these standards
- Understand insurer requirements and comply with insurer SLA's and KPI's
- Responsible for the proactive management of a caseload to avoid unnecessary litigation and ensure effective resolution
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the completeness, accuracy, quality and integrity of data on the electronic case management system for their caseload
- Supporting monthly and ad hoc reporting to Insurer clients
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, contributing to being a market leading claims function
- Ensure a consistent approach to client claims and implementing Insurers' reserving policies so that claims are dealt with fairly and costs are properly controlled.
- Identify trends and escalate risk information to the Head of Claims and insurers where appropriate. Ensure that quality assurance standards are achieved and procedures followed
- Ideally you will have a Law degree, or working towards ACII, CILEx or equivalent legal qualification, alternatively significant experience in claims, with technical knowledge and expertise. An insurance background is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, an understanding of how to provide excellent customer service, strong decision making skills, ability to plan and organise and a customer focussed and target driven approach.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative and legal framework, hardworking, enthusiastic and motivated. Competent skills in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Previous experience of using a case management system is highly desirable.
- LLB Law, GDL, ACII, CILEx or equivalent legal qualifications
So, hopefully the above has ticked all of your boxes, in which case, please click on apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org