Conveyancing Fee Earner
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 per year
Hours: Monday to Friday – 9:00-5:30pm (4 days from home and 1 day from the office)
About our client
As an independent business led by conveyancing specialists with vast experience in the marketplace, our client understand all aspects of the conveyancing industry. They are acknowledged as a major national conveyancing firm in both the Estate Agency and Financial Services Sectors. Their major strength is providing an exceptional service to both individual clients and introducers of work.
They currently hold a market share of the sector which is 5%, with their nearest competitor on 1.5%. Our client is aiming to increase this substantially over the next 12 months and beyond to further cement themselves in the industry.
Having recently been voted the best large UK conveyancer by the Sunday Times aswell as the top conveyancer for Yorkshire and the North East, there's never been a better time to join this fast growing and dynamic organisation.
With company targets being broken left right and centre, and embarking upon that next phase of growth, we have been tasked with finding experienced, motivated conveyancing fee earners.
The role of a Conveyancing Fee Earner will allow you to gain/expand on sector specific knowledge, and provides a fantastic base on which you can fully grow your career. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business and sector that is thriving and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
The company also runs a blended working environment meaning there is opportunity to work from home aswell during the week, should this be of interest to you. Candidates must possess volume caseload experience of between 60-90 cases per month with at least 2 years' experience in fee earning or conveyancing work.
Our ideal Candidate
Ideally you will be someone who is a natural communicator and as mentioned above, an individual with the ability to handle around 60-90 cases per month and convey your message to peers or colleagues confidently. Previous fee earning, remortgage or conveyancing experience is essential for your application, whilst also having the determination to succeed and can subsequently demonstrate this through your past achievements, if this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
What the role requires you to do
• Manage a substantial caseload of freehold and leasehold transactions (circa 85) including new build and unregistered properties, until such time as your manager deems it appropriate to increase your portfolio of cases
• Processing and dealing with post
• Checking contract documentation, mortgage offers and search results
• Resolving queries raised on files by colleagues, both Onshore and Offshore, and third parties
• Dealing with exchange of contracts and completion of transactions
• Proactive care calls to the client regarding, contract checks, mortgage reports and search results
• Replying to freehold and leasehold enquiries, dealing with complex queries
• Identifying, monitoring and achieving targets on a monthly basis by using Management Information Reports
• Recognise how to identify potential risks and when to report them to a senior member
• Work to and maintain Service Level Agreements
Key skills needed
• Minimum 2 years' experience in fee earning conveyancing or remortgaging
• Showing willingness to learn however recognises limits of ability and when to seek advice
• A team player
• Self-motivated with a positive outlook
• Remains calm under pressure
• Adaptable and embraces change
• Shows moral courage, humility and integrity
• Reliable, tolerant, and determined
• Empathetic communicator with tact and diplomacy
• Understands dynamics of working within a team
• Enthusiastic and committed
• Approachable, well presented and professional
Initially, the first 6 weeks will be office based to understand our clients processes and systems and to go through training to full immerse you into the role. Parking in Leeds is hard to come by therefore the client has agreed to fully cover the cost of parking at the Elland Road park and ride station.
We require some flexibility with regards to working hours. The core hours are Mon-Fri from 9am – 5pm, however shifts outside of these hours such as 10-6pm, 11-7pm & 12-8pm may be required as deemed necessary from time to time.
If you are interested in this exciting and especially unique opportunity then please click apply below today!