We are currently recruiting for a QA manager for a UK food manufacturing company based in Stafford. This permanent position is offering a salary of up to £40k. Typical hours are to support two shifts and would be four on four off, two days, two nights then four off.
The QA Manager will provide an efficient and effective quality assurance service, ensuring product safety, quality & legality, as well as compliance with corporate and customer policies and procedures to the benefit of the business.
It is expected that the role will support the operational team in ensuring that all legislative, codes of practice and customer requirements in respect of quality and food safety are met for all products manufactured on site.
Main duties would include:
- This is a critical role in helping to deliver the overall site quality agenda and strategy and cooperating with the production teams to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Work with production teams and customers you will review factory operations on a daily basis to ensure that products meet the Food Safety, Quality and Legality standards set by the company, customers and regulatory authorities.
- Maintain internal quality systems, including BRC, customer technical standards, and write work instructions and procedures to match their specific requirements.
- Inspect the factory daily for compliance to company standards, identify any areas of non-compliance together with a root cause analysis, and proactively manage the corrective action plan to rectify any deficiencies.
- Attend all blending, process and packing trials. Ensure attendance at all first production runs and confirm that the product and packaging conform to the customer's specification, and the necessary samples are submitted to the customer or third parties as required i.e. testing lab, Brandbank etc.
- Manage site internal audit schedule as per the FSQM system and ensure any non- conformances are identified, tracked and closed out by the relevant manager(s). Where necessary assist in drawing up a corrective action plan and monitor progress. Escalate to Technical Manager when non-conformances have not been closed out in a timely manner or where there is a risk to Food Safety, Quality or Legality.
- Investigate customer complaints and undertake a root cause analysis to identify on-going improvements to Food Safety, Quality or Regulatory standards to avoid a reoccurrence. Prepare formal customer complaint responses and KPI reports.
- Manage the pest control programme and respond rapidly to any issues which pose a risk to products, raw materials or packaging.
- Investigate internal non-conformances and where applicable make a decision on disposition of any affected stock. Ensure that issues are recorded and communicated to the site wide team.
- Plan, prioritise and organise the work load of the QA staff. Ensure they are fully utilised and completing tasks accurately and on time. Coach team members and support their individual development programmes.
- Attend daily production meeting and discuss any Food Safety, Quality or Legal issues or non-conforming materials/products/processes.
- Write factory 'rework' instructions for non-conforming products or materials etc. and compile the 'Right First time' costs.
- Positively release products in 3PL warehouses i.e. Boughey, XPO etc. and prepare any positive release certification required.
- Take an active part in site customer and regulatory visits/audits. As a member of the site Crisis Management team ensure that you are familiar with the Premier Foods 'Crisis and Incident Management procedure manual.
- Undertake supplier audits to ensure compliance to Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that cleaning validation and verification processes are completed and documented, and are reviewed as required i.e. anniversary, new equipment, new line etc.
- Write QA work instructions for each of the operational departments.
- Key member of the HACCP team.
- Deputise for Technical Manager
HND or Higher in relevant subject area i.e. Food Science, Food technology (depending on experience).
Advanced Food Hygiene HACCP 4
Health & Safety Awareness
COSHH Level 3
Minimum of 3 year previous experience in a Technical role working within a food manufacturing / Processing environment
Computer literate on MS Word, MS Excel, SAP
Awareness of Food legislation and Health & safety
Non conformance investigations and root cause analysis
Raw materials assessments
NEBOSH General Certificate
Product research & development (kitchen and scale up). Ingredient functionality
Degree in Food Science / Food Technology or Science related subject
BRC Internal auditor trained
Taste panel & sensory analyses - functionality/perception
Competencies / Behaviours Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Strong communication skills and ability to engage effectively across all levels
Adaptability to the changing demands of the customer.
Strong leadership / management skills
Attention to detail and high concentration levels
Good technical knowledge regarding Food Safety, Quality & Legality
Results Orientated & Highly Motivated.
Good Organisational skills.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a Guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today