RESPONSIBLE TO: Headteacher
GRADE: to be agreed
HOURS: 8.30 - 4.30 (Monday - Thursday , 4.00p.m finish on Friday) starting asap until 31st March
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE POST
To provide a full and confidential secretarial service for the Headteacher and maximise the effective and efficient use of their time.
1. Receive incoming telephone calls, determine their importance and priority and respond directly if possible so as to ensure that the Headteacher only has to deal with matters requiring their attention.
2. Open incoming correspondence, dealing with straightforward matters so as to make the best use of the Headteacher's time. Record post and date stamp.
3. Undertake all word processing (from written drafts, audio as required) generated by the Headteacher to ensure that all correspondence and other texts are dealt with promptly and to a high standard of presentation.
4. Organise meetings and other events involving the Headteacher as necessary. Maintain the Headteacher's diary, make appointments and provide reminders of meetings to ensure the efficient use of their time.
5. Attend and minute meetings as required by the Headteacher.
6. Attend and minute regular SLT meetings.
7. Maintain the filing systems of the Headteacher.
8. Manage a public relations role with teaching and non-teaching staff, parents, pupils, governors, the community and external agencies with and on behalf of the Headteacher to foster good relationships for the benefit of the School and Leisure Centre.
9. Provide hospitality for all Headteacher's visitors to foster good relationships and enhance the image of the school.
10. Provide administration support to the SMT.
ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To check and obtain authorisation for outgoing school correspondence prior to printing and distribution.
2. To update key school records as requested.
3. Liaise with outside agencies as directed by the Headteacher.
4. Manage Admissions to year 7 and mid year.
5. Deal with telephone enquiries and arrange personal visits concerning admissions for all year groups (except Sixth Form)liaising with ABM who will show them around school.
6. Prepare packs for Governors, photocopying and distributing as required.
7. Manage to Administration, Coordination of all exclusions.
8. Manage the termly administration of all Commendations.
9. Liaise with staff and pupils in relation to the Headteacher's diary.
10. Monitor School Policies chasing relevant staff for updates as required.
Caring About Sickness Administration
1. To support the Headteacher to operate the Caring About Sickness Policy and procedures for teaching and support staff
2. To attend and minute teaching and support staff CAS meetings