£10.30 per hour
£8.45 per hour
£7.90 per hour
Our client who is based within the Public Sector has a temporary role for an Administrator. This role is working in the South side of Glasgow, and will be Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. The pay rate for this role is £8.45 per hour.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To act as first point of contact in dealing with visitors and enquiries. Answering the main telephone line and ensuring that calls are dealt with or passed on to the appropriate member of staff ensuring a courteous and efficient service is provided.
- To welcome visitors and direct to the relevant person ensuring all security policy guidelines are adhered to in terms of access to the unit with specific responsibility for visitor registration processes.
- Report all faults to Estates ensuring that work is completed in a satisfactory manner and providing regular updates to the team.
- Monitor stationery and consumables stock requirements, ensuring orders are placed via Agresso to keep stocks at agreed levels. To raise requisitions to generate Purchase order numbers via Agresso. Completing requisition logs, printing purchase orders, e-filing purchase orders and goods receiving items via Agresso.
- Responsible for a range of administrative duties performed in the reception area Including: dealing with visitor processes & badges, security of the building and entrance, opening and distributing mail across the building, receiving deliveries and various clerical tasks to support the team including scanning, filing and data entry and maintaining a current building telephone directory.
- Booking travel and accommodation.
- Arranging conference registration, course booking, expenses processing and some coordination of meeting dates and times
- Responsible for room bookings requests for all meeting rooms
- To carry out specialised administrative duties related to the development and maintenance of the teams including implementation of refinement of systems and processes for administrative tasks.
- Secretarial and administrative skills
- Proficient typing speed and accuracy
- Good organisational skills including time management and the ability to multi-task
- Courteous and efficient telephone manner and ability to communicate effectively and personably with staff, external contacts and visitors to the department by telephone and face-to-face
- Attention to detail, e.g. accuracy and precision in data entry
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise a demanding workload in a busy reception area
- Ability to use own initiative, work independently and as part of a team being pro-active and resolving issues with minimum supervision