Our client who is based within the Higher Education Sector, have a temporary role for an Administrator based in the West End of Glasgow. This is a temporary assignment and the rate of pay will be £10.30. Hours of work will be Mon - Fri, 9am to 5pm.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing all pre-course administration, which encompasses: organising student induction days; preparing course and tutor handbooks; setting up course databases and Moodle sites; managing all room bookings for the programmes on the Central Room Bookings system, ensuring correct size of rooms and any other facilities required for the programmes; updating MyCampus and CMIS accordingly; and producing class registers.
- Managing all on-course administration, which encompasses: monitoring student attendance and follow up non-attendees, ensuring appropriate medical and other evidence is obtained for examination boards; assisting with the preparation of teaching handouts and maintain Moodle site; handling the submission and processing of coursework/essays, including the use of anti-plagiarism software; distributing course evaluation questionnaires; preparing documentation for course and programme changes and administer through PIP; building and maintaining plans in MyCampus; organising and clerking staff-student and teaching team liaison meetings.
- Managing the assessment process of assigned postgraduate programmes and any additional required administration, which encompasses: ensuring all submission deadlines are met; arranging for selected coursework scripts to be sent to external examiners; assisting programme convenors in all aspects of QEA, such as preparation of appeals and complaints documentation; co-ordinating all exam marks; organising and clerking examination board meetings; publishing exam results on MyCampus; and organising in-house graduation events if required.
- Resolving tuition fee issues, liaising with the School's Finance Office over the application of financial aid where appropriate.
- Managing the attendance protocol for Tier 4 students with responsibility for ensuring effective communication with Registry on up-to-date UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) policy, and maintaining accurate records of engagement with studies for the purpose of UKVI audit.
- Acting as an Advisor of Studies for all the postgraduate programmes, updating MyCampus as required and ensure all students are fully registered, and providing advice and pastoral to students.
- Assisting with the management and processing of ethics issues affecting postgraduate students.
- Analysing results from course evaluation questionnaires and providing data for Annual Course Monitoring Reports.
- Any other duties that the Head of School Administration or Postgraduate Team Leader may reasonably request.
- Understanding of postgraduate studies
- Excellent IT knowledge - Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the University's various systems, eg PIP, MyCampus, Moodle