Our client, a highly regarded public sector organization, have a temporary role for an Events Officer. This is role attracts a pay rate of £13.61 per hour and is based in Clydebank. The hours of work will be 35 per week. Core hours are between 8.00am and 6.00 pm Monday to Friday but evening and weekend work will be required on occasion.
Main purpose of role:
The Wedding and Events Officer will work closely with and assist the Events and Engagement Co-ordinator to position the organisation as a venue of choice for weddings, conferences and events. A key focus will be on efficiently planning, organising and delivering events to a high-standard, identifying and realising new event opportunities, maximising income and minimising costs to support the effective and efficient operation of the venue. The postholder will also support external event bookings for the civic space in Dumbarton.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Manage every aspect of a booking from first meeting to pre-event planning, to managing/co-ordinating suppliers, communicating with the client and managing the execution of the event on the day or evening.
- Contribute to the effective marketing and promotion of the Town Hall as a wedding, conference and event venue with a focus on increasing usage and income generation.
- To monitor related budgets in line with Best Value including procurement /commissioning, collation and reporting of statistics in line with Council policy and legislative requirements.
- Cost events for clients, raise and process invoices and deposits for payment
- Ensure the booking system is updated and events recorded
- Assist in the planning of forthcoming shows and events liaising with production companies and event organisers
- Establish a client/contact database and transform this into increased business in the form of conferences, meetings, and events
- Meet and greet clients, providing an exceptional level of customer experience at every stage of the event planning and delivery
- Play a lead role in the delivery of events ensuring they are delivered effectively, efficiently and fully meet the client's expectations and managing contractors where required to achieve this
- Seek and collate customer feedback and respond to customer comments/complaints in line with company policy.
- Effectively market our event dressing offer, ensuring that events are dressed to a high standard
- Present our bespoke events services in a professional way and translate these into sales
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing clients in order to build the reputation of the venue
- To support compliance with all council policies including HR, H&S, business continuity, emergency planning and procurement.
- To support the strategic development of the venue and contribute to its operational management..
- Manage contractors and partners to ensure a high standard and consistent delivery for all customers and events at the venue. Review risk assessments and insurance as appropriate
- Plan and prioritise workload, taking into account time constraints and pressures
- Educated to HNC level in a relevant discipline or significant relevant experience
- Experience in event planning and/or project management
- Experience delivering high-profile events
- Previous experience in a client facing or client service role
- A successful track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- First class communication skills
- Previous experience of working with a wide range of partners and clients including agents and promoters
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to forward plan and project manage, demonstrating a commitment to deadlines and effective use of resources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people at all levels, building positive relationships internally and externally
- Strong work ethic with a flexible approach to working hours
- Professional, confident, and able to multi-task
- Resourceful team player and the ability to work on own initiative.
- A good contact and relationship builder